No Tigers Allowed Rule

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

No Tigers Allowed Rule

Post by hobie16 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:10 pm

Woman Denied Entry At Disney’s Magic Kingdom For Trying To Bring In Baby Bengal Tiger

There are those that who to be eccentric and those who think they are just flat-out normal, but not everyone agrees with them. Such was the case of a guest who tried to enter the Magic Kingdom park in Walt Disney World on Monday with her pet, but she was not allowed entry. While some service animals are allowed entry, the woman could not bring in her pet because it was a baby Bengal tiger.

Yes, the unidentified woman tried to bring a baby Bengal tiger into the theme park, but Cast Members at the entrance denied her entry. After a bit or arguing, the Central Florida Zoo was called to retrieve the baby Bengal tiger until the end of the woman’s vacation.

According to a source close to the situation who needed to remain anonymous, the woman became extremely irate and actually started claiming that Disney was making up the “no tigers allowed” rule on the spot.

Per the Walt Disney World website, service animals are allowed in the park as long as they are on a leash and always in the control of the guest. Cast Members are not allowed to take control of the animals at any time.

On the website, it does not specifically state which animals are allowed in the parks, but it does list rules and restricted areas.

“Cast Members are not permitted to take control of service animals. Guests with service animals should follow the same attraction entrance guidelines as Guests who use wheelchairs.

“Due to the nature of some attractions, service animals may not be permitted to ride. At these locations, please ask a Cast Member about available options, including Rider Switch with a member of your party or a portable kennel.”

Upon first being told that the baby tiger was not allowed in Magic Kingdom, the female guest, who is said to have been visiting from Dubai, became extremely angry. She was speaking with Disney Guest Relations and at first would not accept the fact that she couldn’t bring the tiger into the park.

After a long time period of speaking about the tiger and reassuring her that the animal would be well treated and taken care of during her time in Walt Disney World, the woman did agree to let the animal caretakers from the Central Florida Zoo care for it.

Disney would not comment on the situation when reached this evening.

As of now, it may not be posted everywhere, but there are rules for bringing wild jungle cats and other such dangerous animals into Walt Disney World. For the woman who tried to bring a baby Bengal tiger into Magic Kingdom, she learned the hard way.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: No Tigers Allowed Rule

Post by Goofyernmost » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:36 pm

With any luck at all, her "pet" will have her for lunch and the problem will be solved. :lol:

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:07 pm

yep. they wont even let me take my rats in.
and rats live there!

CommonSense
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by CommonSense » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:03 pm

Surely common sense would dictate that you don't bring large, wild cats with you for a day in the parks? If she managed to bring it in with her, what was she going to do? Tie it up with the pushchairs?

(also hello, not a CM but joined because this site is hilarious and I spent the better part of 5 hours reading it one night, The next time I looked at the clock it was half past 4 in the morning!)

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:23 pm

Image CommonSense

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:23 am

hobie16 wrote:... the woman became extremely irate and actually started claiming that Disney was making up the “no tigers allowed” rule on the spot.
"Yes ma'am, we are making it up on the spot. Nobody has every been silly enough to try bringing in a tiger before."

:Rajah:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:25 am

CommonSense wrote:hello, not a CM but joined because this site is hilarious and I spent the better part of 5 hours reading it one night, The next time I looked at the clock it was half past 4 in the morning!
So... your login is meant to be ironic?

:welcome:

CommonSense
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by CommonSense » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:35 pm

Zazu wrote:
CommonSense wrote:hello, not a CM but joined because this site is hilarious and I spent the better part of 5 hours reading it one night, The next time I looked at the clock it was half past 4 in the morning!
So... your login is meant to be ironic?

:welcome:
Er, sort of? Couldn't think of a good username, mostly.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:14 pm

Welcome, CommonSense! (I knew we'd been lacking you around here...)

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:15 pm

When you consider that all tiger species are critically endangered, I shudder to think how that woman got a baby tiger cub. Usually, the mother must be killed in order to get the cub. Depending on how young it was, it's a wonder the poor thing survived.
The gene pool for these creatures is shrinking fast.

Here's what I can't figure out: Let's say I were to go abroad and buy an item made of elephant ivory; elephants are also endangered. If I try to bring ivory into the U.S., the object will be confiscated and destroyed, and I could get into serious trouble for buying an illegal ivory product. But this woman brought a live tiger cub into the U.S., and nobody said anything???? That cub should've been confiscated and sent to a refuge and rehabilitated to be returned to the wild, if possible. I don't care how wealthy or influential someone is, they have no right to promote the extinction of a species. She obviously got it on the black market just because she's rich and didn't care about saving endangered animals. People like that shouldn't be allowed in the U.S., even as tourists.