Proved at last: Men really are idiots

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Proved at last: Men really are idiots

Post by hobie16 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:48 pm

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Proved at last: Men really are idiots

Post by drcorey » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:43 pm

[video][/video]

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:27 pm

Not All....but it seems some want to learn things the hard way,especially if they are young.
A young patient of mine thought that trespassing on a construction site and jumping through a glass window would be a fine idea.
Doctor spent over an hour suturing him up...... :oweye:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:52 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Not All....but it seems some want to learn things the hard way,especially if they are young.
A young patient of mine thought that trespassing on a construction site and jumping through a glass window would be a fine idea.
Did he come back to ice the contusions his parents applied to his dome?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:59 am

hobie16 wrote:
DisneyMom wrote:Not All....but it seems some want to learn things the hard way,especially if they are young.
Did he come back to ice the contusions his parents applied to his dome?
His parents are too busy finding a lawyer to sue the construction company because how dare they put a construction site in the way of their snowflake.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:52 am

I felt sorry for the Parents,as the patient was acting horribly to them. Either psych disorder for the patient or Parents were born without spines and a good spanking hand. Sorry I know that condones violence against children and unacceptable nowadays. It used to be that the threat of your parents punishing you kept you from doing obviously stupid things. Most kids now do not have any real
worry of "consequences".... :bigclub: :old:

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:50 am

DisneyMom wrote:I felt sorry for the Parents,as the patient was acting horribly to them. Either psych disorder for the patient or Parents were born without spines and a good spanking hand. Sorry I know that condones violence against children and unacceptable nowadays. It used to be that the threat of your parents punishing you kept you from doing obviously stupid things. Most kids now do not have any real
worry of "consequences".... :bigclub: :old:
That is so true. I know my daughters each had one good spanking (not beating) in their youth. After that they always knew that this was a distinct possibility and it did indeed work to keep them in line and control when control was needed to guide them through the difficult task of growing up and knowing right from wrong. Now every kid has Protective Services on speed dial on the phone that was supplied and is being paid for by the very parents that they would report.

BTW, neither one of them grew up violent and as far as I can tell have never been to counseling to work out the trauma.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:58 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:Now every kid has Protective Services on speed dial on the phone that was supplied and is being paid for by the very parents that they would report.
My oldest daughter came home from school one day and announced that all the kids had been given an 800 number to call if they were abused at home. I looked her in the eye and said, "You'll never make it to the phone."

That, was the end of that.

--- Matt King

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:33 am

I heard a talk by a religious leader years ago about Vitamin N. The word "no" has been removed from a parent's vocabulary and it would be good to re-introduce said word again. That little word has done wonders for my children and they even learned some life skills along the way. The possibility of discipline doesn't hurt either. A gentle reminder with a hand on the butt is much different than abuse. I would be more than welcome to visit with the protective services people whenever they would like to have a little sit down. If I have to discipline them too, I'm open to that as well.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:22 am

Nowadays, people are getting harassed by nosy neighbors for letting their kids out to play in the front yard--and CPS goes after them too, for "child endangerment"! What is happening to this world?