Thanksgiving Week SGTs

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Thanksgiving Week SGTs

Post by ktulu » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:29 am

The ktulu family has returned from our annual "let's avoid turkey for thanksgiving dinner" WDW trip. We saw plenty of SGT's, your usual run of the mill variety, but a couple stood out.

First was the guy who got in my face after I had to say, rather loudly, "excuse me" as his family was blocking the sidewalk on MS. On one side was the rope and people waiting for a parade, and a building on the other side. All I did was say excuse me, but the 2nd time was loud enough to startle, I'm guessing his mother, and as we passed he yelled at me "did you push her???" I turned to clarify his question and he got in my face (which put me in defense mode) and asked again. I hesitated and very slowly (so he would understand) said, "No, BUDDY, I said excuse me." Mrs. ktulu said that a CM was coming over to defuse the situation, but more importantly was the look of embarrassment on the two women who were blocking the sidewalk and at the behavior of this guy. I turned and walked away expecting him to grab me, but at that point he was probably getting an earful from his wife. We got across the street and had a good laugh after that. Even my kids were like, what was that guy's deal, you said excuse me!

The other one really upset Mrs. ktulu. We were dining at Chefs de France for our Candlelight dinner, and this woman at the table next to us was complaining the whole time to her friend how they never charged for the guaranteed seating. Mrs. ktulu had enough and explained to her that for the past 4 years, it's always been a special menu, which was 3 course, and cost 2 dining credits or was more money that a typical dinner. Even the ladies friend was on our side, and was visibly embarrassed. They had the same waitress (who was amazing!) and Mrs. ktulu said they had her in tears. I was sent away, as she knows I would have put that woman in her place. The poor girl had just been in the US for 2 weeks, and it was her dream as a kid to travel. Mrs. ktulu spoke with the manager, as well as gave some kind words to the poor girl. We plan on writing a letter as well.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Thanksgiving Week SGTs

Post by hobie16 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:40 am

Who says turkeys are just on the table?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:41 pm

It is amazing only two confrontations occured in a week, I could get into several in a day. My diminishing hearing helps me ignore a lot. Must be your "Baymax Scanner" helps you avoid the idiocy! :thumbsup:

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:05 am

DisneyMom wrote:It is amazing only two confrontations occured in a week, I could get into several in a day. My diminishing hearing helps me ignore a lot. Must be your "Baymax Scanner" helps you avoid the idiocy! :thumbsup:
Sadly, both could be avoided with either a bit of common courtesy and/or common sense. Stay out of the walkway, especially when it's a smaller walkway due to the parade, and read up on the package you booked. My guess is the lady at dinner used this excuse annually to get a cheaper meal and the guaranteed seating...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."