The most 'wonderful' time of the year...

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Tinker Bell
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

The most 'wonderful' time of the year...

Post by Tinker Bell » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:26 am

What is it about the holidays that brings the most obnoxious, rudest, and overall unpleasant guests here? Goodness people it's Christmas!
Over at PFH our OPS people have a rope at the end of the line, it has a magnet. It's not a ride for kids, it's not an obstacle for you to run by it, it's a rope and when you see it you are supposed to STOP and wait for a CM to come and get you. Despite telling people not to separate their families in comes this dad and barges in thru the rope claiming his family is inside the room. When the ops person tried to tell him to wait he yelled at her 'MY FAMILY IS IN THERE' The ops person didn't say anything else and allowed him to go right on in. He gets into the room and proceeds to yell like a demented person his family's name because according to his wife they are just meeting Anna & Elsa. Off course his family isn't there. Not happy he's not finished acting like a jerk then he decides it will be a good idea to call her and ruin the magic all around for the rest of the guest in the room. :oweye: Because who cares about other people's children when it's all about me. what the hell... One of our Captains had to come in and help us out with this one because we were so furious steam was coming out of our ears.
Then it was the family that, once again, despite we telling them not to separate they insisted on doing so. They get to the front of the line at the same time and insist that we accommodate them. Our manager was very firm on that they had to choose one line. They were livid and told the manager that they were going to go complaint to GR. It did nothing for their situation and in fact made it worse. Not giving up the fight they argued some more with the manager who told us to keep passing guests ahead of them, while they picked a line. Finally they pick a line and get to the characters only to complaint to them and ruin their kids character experience. It never ceases to amaze me how selfish parents can be. I felt bad for the kids because they looked so unhappy and every time they did, or ask for, something they would get thrown up in their faces that they were doing the line for them and how much they were spending.
Kids have no control over where they are taken, they also have no money and YOU choose to have them. Stop throwing on their faces what you do or buy. They can repay you back and it's humiliating to them because you turn the trip to be all about you not about spending time with the family. I get kids being grateful, but some people want to be glorified.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: The most 'wonderful' time of the year...

Post by felinefan » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:54 pm

There's a saying--"Kids are like banks. Whatever you put into them, you get back ten years later with interest." This morning while I was sitting at the Orange train station, doing puzzles while waiting for it to be 9:45a.m. so I can get to the library in time for it to open, there was a woman with two little kids. She was screaming at the little girl, about 2-3 years old, cursing at her and telling her that they better not miss the bus or she will get the (daylights) beaten out of her. I don't know what started it, but the poor kid was crying to beat the band. Nice job of parenting, lady--in about 10 years I predict that you're going to wake up one morning with a knife stuck in your chest, and you'll know who did it. Angry parents make for angry kids. And when kids are angry, they explode.