The Stupidest Guest EVER has been found. We can all go home.

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

The Stupidest Guest EVER has been found. We can all go home.

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:54 am

If all went according to what I believe should have happened, then right now he is at the Orange County jail.

I had made my decision when he and his party came up the first time: They were NOT getting into my establishment. When I am present, my favorite thing in the world is my boss's liquor license, and I am doing nothing to put it to any sort of risk. I've done the research, and I know what it takes to get a liquor license, and I know what it takes to get a liquor license in the middle of another liquor license's territory. It takes more work than I am willing or want to do at this time... maybe someday when I am ready to open my own establishment, but until then, it's work I am unwilling to do.

So this guy and his party came up, I decided they weren't getting in, as he had had enough. Before I could make that call official, they walked across to the dance hall and made it really easy for me.

Then, they came back. I informed them that I was not going to allow him into the establishment. He complied, mostly.

His wife said there was someone inside that she wanted to ask to come out. I took her driver's license and allowed her to go inside to fetch him. She came out without him. While she was in there, the drunk guy started shouting stuff at another door guy and myself... no matter, he wasn't getting in. He leaned in almost falling on the other door guy, so I put up a hand to catch him. He accused me of putting a hand on him, to which I said, "Sure, I have a hand on you, and you should be thanking me, or your face would be on the ground, because I stopped you from falling. Say, 'thank you,' now." He kept up his rampage against us. Little did he know, I find drunk people and most of their threats to be entertaining. His wife pulled him away, and it looked like they were leaving.

One of the other ladies in the group asked to go in to fetch this guy, and I allowed her, same protocol as before. Drunk guy came up, decided that I had allowed his wife in but not him, and I calmly explained that there was no way that I could legally allow him to cross the threshold into our establishment. More nastiness. He accused me of allowing his wife in there, but not letting him go get her. Of course, by this time, she was gone. He began demanding that I let him go in, or he was going to call the police. Again, I told him the problem was that he was drunk and I could not let him enter our establishment. He suddenly turned serious, backed off and said, "So you're really not going to let me in?"

Of course, I responded that I would not. He pulled out his phone and started dialing to make sure I could see it. As he hit send, he walked away and talked to someone. Oh, how I would love to have a recording of what was said.

Shortly thereafter, he walked away. Shortly thereafter, the OC Sheriff showed up.

So here is what I am thinking: A drunk guy called 911 on me. They don't take this kind of thing lightly. They have his phone number, and they responded within a minute, but not before he could walk off. Seeing has they have his number, and seeing as he did call them without any help from me, and seeing as he wasted tax dollars on his perceived problem, while he was drunk and I was (and still am) fully sober except for the Tussin and Mucinex high I currently have from four days of fighting a terrible head cold. Now, I hope he is spending his night cooling off in the drunk tank.

And that is why I call his the Most Stupid Guest Trick ever.

Working where I do, in the line of business where I am, doing what I do, I am not currently a Cast Member. I would like to get back to being one, but this is not the place where that is going to happen. I have a few things that I love more than anything else when I am on the clock, and they are in the following order:

My employer's liquor license and rights to perform music
The musicians who play
The bartenders and servers with whom I work
My fellow door attendants
And finally, the customers.

This is unusual for me, but I think it's a great learning experience, when the customer does NOT come first.

Yep. I need to get back to being a Cast Member. Anyone know how to get into bartending for the mouse?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: The Stupidest Guest EVER has been found. We can all go h

Post by ktulu » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:06 am

50's prime time has Dad's lounge or whatever they call it. I've been found there once or twice :biggulp:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:18 am

You most certainly were helping the customer, and all the other customers, by preventing his further intoxication. :darph: as well as physically injuring himself and others by falling.

Just can't help yourself,I see.

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:37 am

Good for you for standing your ground and doing your job, despite the SG's best effort to gain access and cause you trouble.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:03 am

I don't know about "Stupidest Guest EVER". I think there's a strong contender in the FBI Special Agent who refused to put his gun in a locker, insisted he had the right to carry even when off-duty, and finally jumped over the Magic Kingdom turnstiles when we locked them, only to be confronted by three Orange County Sheriff officers with drawn guns.

The rest of his day was disctinctly non-magical!

:mugshot:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:47 pm

You know, I am sure he could have worked something out with the OC deputies, had he done so before coming to the parks.

That said, I would love to have been a fly on the wall when he got home, and had to meet with his boss and explain the booking photos.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:46 pm

While everyone else is passed out on new years day here.
I like to sit on the street with a hot chocolate and watch the metro police go from bush to bush searching for passed out partiers. last year, in one bush in front of the Tropicana they found 8 people in there. I looked on like watching clowns come out of a little car.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:10 am

Big Wallaby wrote:You know, I am sure he could have worked something out with the OC deputies, had he done so before coming to the parks.
He didn't need to work something out with OCSD, he needed to work something out with the property owner, Disney. WDW is the one with the no-guns policy. WDW is the agency who installed 48 gun lockers outside the MK (because 24 weren't enough!). And WDW is the agency that makes exceptions for guests to carry. OCSD only gets involved if the gunmen are on-duty.
That said, I would love to have been a fly on the wall when he got home, and had to meet with his boss and explain the booking photos.
The usual protocol for officer arrests is to hold them for their supervisor, thus avoiding the need to book and house them. One wonders if his supervisor was willing to make the trip to Orlando to do so. Without that, it becomes a simple case of armed burglary and assault with a deadly weapon -- not something an agent wants on their work record!

Law enforcement career = :flush:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:33 am

How did jumping over the Magic Kingdom turnstiles turn into armed burglary and assault with a deadly weapon? That's a pretty big leap.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:34 am

hobie16 wrote:How did jumping over the Magic Kingdom turnstiles turn into armed burglary and assault with a deadly weapon? That's a pretty big leap.
It was a pretty big turnstile! :wink: