Cast Member Stuff >Disneyland<

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
LSPLadyLumps
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Cast Member Stuff >Disneyland<

Post by LSPLadyLumps » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:33 pm

I have a question, I've never worked at Disneyland. But my brother did 5yrs ago and my 2nd cousin was a VP for Disney World in FLA for years ago as well. They've both moved on to other jobs since.

But I remember that they were always able to get 3 family-or-friends into the park(s) with the CM sign in option.
I haven''t been in years but do they still do this? And if so, is it afainst the rules to pay a CM to do this? I'm thinking of going in a couple of weeks while I'm in L.A. and I totally miss my family discount :(

I don't want to get anyone in trouble ya know.

If it is ok, then thats extra $$ for alucky CM :dpiano:

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Cast Member Stuff >Disneyland<

Post by hhsrat » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:08 am

Yes, it is still allowed, but it is prohibited for a CM to sell their complimentary admission benefits. Additionally, cast members are required to stay with the guests they admit for the entire time they're in the parks. (Guests who are immediate family members of the CM are not subject to this restriction)

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:51 am

LSPLadyLumps wrote:... my 2nd cousin was a VP for Disney World in FLA for years ago...
Was your cousin David? If so, he was terrific.

Got a great story to tell about the one time I met him back in '99, too.

LSPLadyLumps
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by LSPLadyLumps » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:26 pm

Zazu..

No, my cousin is a lady. She got married and moved away. Oh how I miss her perks these days (lol) :rocker:

LSPLadyLumps
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by LSPLadyLumps » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:27 pm

Thank you HHSRAT for the update.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:34 pm

Ever wish English had different words for male/female cousin? In German, a male cousin is Cousin (ko-SEEN); a female cousin is Cousine (ko SEEN ah). Just think, back in 1776, when the issue of the official language of the U.S. was put before the voters, English won over German by a single vote. And since they didn't have secret ballots back then, the deciding vote was found to have been cast by a German-speaking farmer.