Private Events And Bribery

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
KingsIslander
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Kings Island

Private Events And Bribery

Post by KingsIslander » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:39 am

This Sunday was one of our few private events of the year. It's clearly advertised that we're not open that day through pretty much every possible avenue. Of course, lots of people who aren't with the event show up anyway... I was directing the line in front of our ticket pickup windows (it's amazing how people don't notice that there's a window ready unless we point it out to them) when I had my first SG of the day! I'm not going to go through the whole conversation, but he was upset because he didn't read the calendar and drove a whole 15 minutes (yes, he literally said "I DROVE 15 MINUTES!!") to find that we were closed to the public. It sucks, but as we we're told to say (because the SGs always say "I WANT A REFUND FOR MY TICKETS!"), the tickets are good for any one of our 140 operating days this season. However, this was actually the first time that a guest had ever bribed me to get into the park- I said no, obviously. Which led to my favorite exchange of the day (as his embarrassed daughters were literally dragging him toward the parking lot)...

SG: "F**K YOU!" :pissed:
Me: "Have a nice day, sir!" :biggrin:

What's he going to do, complain that I was polite? :lol:

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Private Events And Bribery

Post by drcorey » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:17 am

and how about CMs that try to get it too
course if you are caught you is out thou
but that is that god hade fake hair for.

as austin powers would say, FOOK MI? no FOOK YU!

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:17 pm

I might've seen this on here a couple years ago or so, but this Southern cop caught an out-of-state couple speeding and ticketed them. When they showed up in court, the couple claimed that the cop was terribly rude to them. Now the judge knew the cop pretty well, in that he had a reputation for being the most polite cop on the force. So he asked the cop his side of the story, and he repeated it, in his normal polite style. The couple yelled, "See, that's how rude he was to us!" It was all the judge could do to keep from falling down laughing. The testimony continued, with the couple making more allegations of "rudeness" by the cop, and the cop replying in his usual polite manner. The couple still had to pay the penalty for speeding.

It seems some people think that polite means letting them off with a warning, or something.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:01 pm

felinefan wrote:I might've seen this on here a couple years ago or so, but this Southern cop caught an out-of-state couple speeding and ticketed them. When they showed up in court, the couple claimed that the cop was terribly rude to them. Now the judge knew the cop pretty well, in that he had a reputation for being the most polite cop on the force. So he asked the cop his side of the story, and he repeated it, in his normal polite style. The couple yelled, "See, that's how rude he was to us!" It was all the judge could do to keep from falling down laughing. The testimony continued, with the couple making more allegations of "rudeness" by the cop, and the cop replying in his usual polite manner. The couple still had to pay the penalty for speeding.

It seems some people think that polite means letting them off with a warning, or something.
Yep, that was from here -- it was a story I posted, though I'm too lazy to look it up now. I still crack up thinking about it! It is amazing how many people get arrested or ticketed and are shocked -- shocked! -- that it isn't a pleasant experience for them.

KingsIslander
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Kings Island

Post by KingsIslander » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:19 pm

That makes me think of a tow truck driver on another forum I frequent. You'd be amazed how many people are shocked that the tow company doesn't really care if you're satisfied or not when your car was towed for being illegally parked.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:40 pm

I'm surprised this guy didn't pop a vein.

[video][/video]

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu May 01, 2014 10:16 pm

Unfortunately, he said something that proves he has a record of speeding... That he's been ticketed before and knows how it works.

I don't know how it works. I have never been ticketed and don't want to be.

That, combined with the officer's demeanor as this guy blows up would lead me as a member of any jury to say guilty beyond any shadow of a doubt, no matter what the defense attorney says.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Fri May 02, 2014 7:04 am

Wow. Just... wow. Makes me proud to be from Maine!

He may have gotten a ticket before, but he sure doesn't know how it works.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Fri May 02, 2014 8:54 am

That's one of my favorite clips. On a later tv show, they actually tracked the guy down and did an interview with him. He seemed extremely embarrassed and couldn't even believe he had done that. The wife and I still get a good laugh out of that one.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat May 03, 2014 3:23 pm

I remember seeing that clip, but not the interview of the guy later.