Wheelchair Fakers

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Wheelchair Fakers

Post by February » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:24 pm

Well you're certainly welcome to share the correct spelling with anyone that you wish Wallaby! :D:

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Loud cell phone talkers huh? I got a story about those....

Dining at our favorite Chinese Restaurant one evening, our entire meal was eaten to the sound of a woman on the opposite side of the restaurant telling someone about all the problems with some property, mold, termites, attitude problems, the works.

We were not amused.

So, after we finished, I went over to her table and asked, "Pardon, but I couldn't help overhearing, are you by chance a realtor?"

"Why yes, yes I am! Are you interested in buying or selling?"

"One of each," I replied, "We like the neighborhood but need a bigger house. Could I trouble you for a business card?"

"Well certainly!" she said, getting all excited at the prospect of two deals.

"Thanks," I said, looking at the card carefully, "I want to make sure I don't list with or deal with any firm whose agents discuss private issues loud enough for a whole restaurant to hear. Good luck with the mold and termites!"

To which all she replied was :dropmouth

Zazu

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:23 am

Zazu wrote:Loud cell phone talkers huh? I got a story about those....

Dining at our favorite Chinese Restaurant one evening, our entire meal was eaten to the sound of a woman on the opposite side of the restaurant telling someone about all the problems with some property, mold, termites, attitude problems, the works.

We were not amused.

So, after we finished, I went over to her table and asked, "Pardon, but I couldn't help overhearing, are you by chance a realtor?"

"Why yes, yes I am! Are you interested in buying or selling?"

"One of each," I replied, "We like the neighborhood but need a bigger house. Could I trouble you for a business card?"

"Well certainly!" she said, getting all excited at the prospect of two deals.

"Thanks," I said, looking at the card carefully, "I want to make sure I don't list with or deal with any firm whose agents discuss private issues loud enough for a whole restaurant to hear. Good luck with the mold and termites!"

To which all she replied was :dropmouth
Zazu, once again --

:wombat: :bow: :bow: :bow: :zazu:

After this and the coffee/backpack incident, you have earned the right to call yourself Zazu, M.Rv. -- Master of Revenge

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:43 am

Priceless! Absolutely priceless!!! :D:

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:35 am

hobie16 wrote:I enjoy standing in the cashier line at the grocery store and have some bozo nail me in the ankles with their cart. I give them two shots and on the third, back up a step forcing the push handle into their torso. The resulting "Uuuffffff" is music to my ears. :twisted:
I have done that one too, and here is a variation for the idots who feel the need to grab your friggin' seat back every time they get up in the airplane row behind you. For some reason, they also seem to be the ones who need to get up six times on 2 hour flight. I'll give 'em two freebies, then I time their next grab with hitting my recline button. The resulting effect is very gratifying.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:04 pm

Syndrome wrote:I have done that one too, and here is a variation for the idots who feel the need to grab your friggin' seat back every time they get up in the airplane row behind you. For some reason, they also seem to be the ones who need to get up six times on 2 hour flight. I'll give 'em two freebies, then I time their next grab with hitting my recline button. The resulting effect is very gratifying.
I always get the only people on the entire plane who have to recline their seats. I kid you not they're always like 4'10.

I'm 6' in my combat boots. 5'10" barefoot. My husband now makes a point to check if anyone else around us is reclining.

It's always just the two people in front of us no matter what row we're in!

I regret to admit once or twice I have had to grab a seat back when rising from a plane seat- because my legs do weird things in the cabin pressure (jumping spasms, another neurological joy) and they feel even weaker than usual when I try to stand up in-flight. Usually we have a row of three of us, so I grab on behind my husband's chair instead of the one in front of me, best is when I make my husband and kid get up, put all the arm rests up, and then slide across and then husband helps me out of the chair and into the aisle.

I try REALLY hard no to need to get up during flights as using an airplane lavatory is hell on earth for the able bodied- when you're not working with your balance right and all it's dangerous. I've conked my head more than once.

If I've ever accidentily grabbed anyone's seat back, I apologize! I try never, ever to get up more than once a flight but try to avoid it altogether.

We were stuck on the tarmac at OIA for 2 hours on our last flight home from WDW due to lightening. Or more precisely due to the fact that our airline allowed some travelers who were late from a connecting flight to hold us up- all five of them smelled as if they had never had a shower in their lives and then they scattered them throughout the plane for good measure to be sure everyone could enjoy the ambiance.

Because their baggage needed to be loaded, we couldn't leave the gate because the handlers won't work in lightning (understandable)

They should have made funboys wait for the next flight out. . .

Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:16 pm

Syndrome wrote:I have done that one too, and here is a variation for the idots who feel the need to grab your friggin' seat back every time they get up in the airplane row behind you. For some reason, they also seem to be the ones who need to get up six times on 2 hour flight. I'll give 'em two freebies, then I time their next grab with hitting my recline button. The resulting effect is very gratifying.
And, for the SP in front of you that reclines their seat aaaallllllllllllllllllllll the way back, long term torture by directing the cold air vent at their head.

Muuwwaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. :twisted:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:23 pm

I try to solve the problem when our family travels by picking the seats myself, and having us on two rows, with me on the second row. Then, it's family in front of me.

If I can't arrange it that way -- like when we got our flight changed on our most recent trip -- it's really the person in front of me who suffers, because when my legs are in front of me, the seat cannot be reclined. There's nowhere for it to go. I have to deal with a few seconds of pressure on my knees until the person ahead of me realizes what's going on. I suspect they think the seat is broken. :twisted:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:12 pm

February, you might want to warn the person in front of you right from the beginning that it's hard for you to get up and that you might inadvertently pull their seat at some point in the flight. I had some poor majorly tall guy behind me once, and he apologized in advance in case he poked my seat while in flight (he had NOWHERE for his legs). His politeness paid him a big dividend...I happened to be in an exit row, and when I looked back and saw his predicament I ended up swapping seats with him so he had a nice, roomy flight.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:12 pm

Syndrome wrote:February, you might want to warn the person in front of you right from the beginning that it's hard for you to get up and that you might inadvertently pull their seat at some point in the flight. I had some poor majorly tall guy behind me once, and he apologized in advance in case he poked my seat while in flight (he had NOWHERE for his legs). His politeness paid him a big dividend...I happened to be in an exit row, and when I looked back and saw his predicament I ended up swapping seats with him so he had a nice, roomy flight.
Believe me I try my absolute best to be as polite as I can. I board the plane early so I can get settled in and then deplane last of all so that I don't hold people up in the aisles. Usually this means any seat grabbing I do is only in empty seats. I never get up in flight unless it's an absolute necessity (unlike people around me who seem to love to grab my own seat and pull my hair in the process.)

Most people come aboard wearing earbuds these days and glare at you if you try to talk to them so I just try my best to leave them alone and make my family the only ones to suffer if I do have to move.

Only time I can't get through a flight without getting up is if it's say, the trip back from OIA to home and we've been stranded on the tarmac for 2 hours before we even take off. . .

One things for sure after reading this thread I'll never grab a seat back again. Even if it means falling into the aisle.

Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon