Wheelchair Fakers

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Wheelchair Fakers

Post by lady ulrike » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:43 am

EeyoresButterfly wrote: We rented a wheelchair for her. We were both in our early 20's, and I tend to look closer to 14. Yes, we switched off sometimes. She didn't want to sit all the time as that could make the pain worse, so sometimes I would sit in the chair just for fun. I'm sure if somebody saw us, they would think that we were thinking. But believe me, my friend would trade anything to have not needed that chair.
Yes, but I'm sure you also didn't run to the chair which is usually what these people that I'm referring to do.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:35 pm

EeyoresButterfly wrote:Those experiences have taught me that you can't always judge by what you see. Just because a young person does not have an obvious problem or can walk a little bit or somebody switches off once in awhile does not mean there is a genuine need there. Now, if they start ranting about how they should use the fast pass line on one the rides that is streamlined, then I'll start to wonder.
All very true.

But when a group of teens go into an attraction with the blonde in the chair and come back with a brunette rolling... and I emote, "It's a miracle! One ride has cured you!" and one of the group says, "Uh oh, busted!" then I think I can make the correct call.

Zazu

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun May 01, 2011 7:25 pm

If a female fakes being pregnant to get a wheelchair,
Is she just some mother faker?

Corey

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun May 01, 2011 7:35 pm

Pretty close. ;)

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun May 01, 2011 7:44 pm

hobie16 wrote:Pretty close. ;)
If a nun dresses up like a priest.
do they say that father is really a mother?

Corey

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun May 01, 2011 9:23 pm

drcorey wrote:If a nun dresses up like a priest.
do they say that father is really a mother?
My cousin was a priest who led a hard fight in his denomination against the ordination of women. Then when the vote went the other way, he stood up and introduced his new assistant pastor, Father Vicky --- or as we all called her, Father Mother!

Zazu

tucsonclint2008
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by tucsonclint2008 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:38 pm

I had a less than wonderful experience at Disneyland several years ago. My partner has a disability where he can't walk very far. We rented a wheelchair from the entrance of DL and no sooner had we rolled down Mainstreet, we had 4 Disney Security surround us and ask us why we needed a chair. My partner informed the main goon that he needed it for his disability. Luckily, before our trip out he had the foresight to have a letter written by his doctor saying he needed a wheelchair to get around, just in case he was questioned as we are both rough biker bear looking guys. The letter was produced and the goon grabbed it and walked away leaving us with the 3 boneheads. My partner said he was protected under the ADA law and he didn't have to reveal his disability. A few minutes later the main goon came back and handed him the letter and they all turned and walked away. Never an apology or anything. We will be back in mid September and because of this experience, we have arranged for a wheelchair to be waiting at the hotel for us.

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:56 pm

Sorry you had that experience, Tucson. That is very unusual. Hope you won't let it spoil your next trip.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Welcome tucson from a fellow "Old Pueblion" and on behalf of the BDoSGT,,,
Take your choice..... :beer: :beer: :beer:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:28 pm

tucsonclint2008 wrote:We rented a wheelchair from the entrance of DL and no sooner had we rolled down Mainstreet, we had 4 Disney Security surround us and ask us why we needed a chair. My partner informed the main goon that he needed it for his disability. Luckily, before our trip out he had the foresight to have a letter written by his doctor saying he needed a wheelchair to get around, just in case he was questioned as we are both rough biker bear looking guys. The letter was produced and the goon grabbed it and walked away leaving us with the 3 boneheads. My partner said he was protected under the ADA law and he didn't have to reveal his disability.
Hi tucson & welcome. Your post really blows my mind. :eek: This just doesn't sound like DLS, especially Main St. DLS. When was this? Goons & boneheads. Hmmm.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]