Stupid Guest Tricks at HHN

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
PARKGUY
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Stupid Guest Tricks at HHN

Post by PARKGUY » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:26 pm

I worked at Halloween Horror Nights XIV at DisOrientorium in the Treak maze, and I have to say this was the funniest thing I ever witnessed ever.

The maze consisted of guest hallways and little burrows (called "boo-Holes") where the actors could hide. Each boo-hole had an exit door for the actor to leave into the backstage area. The booholes looked exactly like the rest of the mirror maze, with only a red light shining overhead to highlight the actor.All the actors were dressed in Treak costumes (those clown outfits and ugly masks borrowed from HHN 12).

Working in the maze, I had a two boo-holes I could go into to scare guests. Often times I would just go back-n-forth between the two.
Often people would walk into my boo-hole looking for an exit, even though the walls (and my exit door) had mirrors on them.

On the last night of Halloween Horror Nights, I switched boo-holes and went to see my neighbor scare-actor next door, since her boo-hole was right across from one of mine.

We noticed a small break in the line going through.My partner-in-crime looked down the guest hallway, then ran up to me and pointed behind me. (we couldn't hear ourselves through the masks, so we gestured alot). I turned around and opened my exit door to see...

A group of middle-age adults walking into the backstage area, through my other door. I burst throught the second door to go up to them, waving my arms in the "No" gesture wildly...

When they saw me coming at them, they thought I was attacking them. They screamed at the top of their lungs and ran further into the unfurnished, unthemed backstage!!!

I ripped off my mask yelling "You have to go back!"... They nearly screamed again until one them said "hey..wait..we gotta go back".

They huddled sheepishly through the door back into the maze.