Disney Quest Chicago

All other Disney Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disney discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
rackman
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Disney Quest Chicago

Post by rackman » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:42 pm

I bet there aren't many DQ veterans here, but here's my stupid guest moment:

I had a 101 to attend to and I was taking the stairs down from FoodQuest in the 5th floor to an attraction on a lower floor. I was halfway down the staircase when my path was blocked by a disheveled woman. I moved to the side to try to get by her. She stopped me and asked the obligatory first stupid question: "Do you work here?" as he stared directly at my nametag. I kept my cool and said, "Yes ma'am" with only a little bit of sarcasm. Then she looked embarrassed and asked if she could go up the stairs. I gave her a Disney smile and quickly answered "No ma'am there is a space time anomaly on this stair which only allows one way travel." I then went around her and left her dumbfounded.

Isn't it amazing how easily it is to stun a guest by giveing them a stupid answer in a friendly manner? :lol:

StrangeTikiGod
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by StrangeTikiGod » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:26 pm

And here I was joining up not expecting any other DQ Chicago CMs either...

I was with the Characters Department for the final summer of ops, and I can't tell you how many times we had the Park District kids try to punch Buzz Lightyear and/or Goofy in the face...I distinctly recall having our managers expell at least 5 kids in the three months I was in the Zoo.

WDWCP 1999 - Trail's End, Ft Wilderness
WDWCP 2000 - MGM Backlot Tour
DQ Chicago 2001 - the Zoo

Jumboshrmp
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Disney Quest Chicago

Post by Jumboshrmp » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:26 pm

I was standing in line for SM in WDW, about to be loaded. They guy who was standing in front of me, now sitting in his seat, ask the ride op "does this ride go upside down?"
the CM replied "only seven times"
The man just sat there, already secured into the seat, with this look of horror on his face

BTTF4Life
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by BTTF4Life » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:21 am

rackman wrote: Isn't it amazing how easily it is to stun a guest by giveing them a stupid answer in a friendly manner? :lol:
Very.

Guest (with lapbar down and tight): "What do we hold on to?"
Me: "Your (hat, soul, self)"

Guest: "Does this ride go upside down?"
Me: "You'll see." ;)

G: "How fast does this ride go?"
Me: "88 mph"

Guest: "How fast does this go?"
Me: "88 mph"

Guest: "Which row is the least wet?"
Me: "Row 6." (There are only 5 rows in the boat)

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:51 pm

rackman wrote: Then she looked embarrassed and asked if she could go up the stairs. I gave her a Disney smile and quickly answered "No ma'am there is a space time anomaly on this stair which only allows one way travel." I then went around her and left her dumbfounded.
I now work at DQ Orlando. This one makes me always laugh. For those not in the know on the stairwells we actually have sign that say "Stairs Up" and "Stairs Down" One at the bottom of the stairwell and one at the top, since obviously stairs confuse people and they may assume that by walking up them itwill take them downstairs, it funny/sad that these signs even exist.
But they prove to be real fun when you get the out of control kids running through the building and they come almost tumbling down the stairs and you stop them and tell them running is not allowed in the building and if they look up they just ran down the stairs that are clearly marked "Stairs Up" and ask them to walk back up the stairs and use the "Stairs Down"...works every time :)

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker:

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:06 am

SoarWhoreCoCo wrote:I now work at DQ Orlando. This one makes me always laugh. For those not in the know on the stairwells we actually have sign that say "Stairs Up" and "Stairs Down" One at the bottom of the stairwell and one at the top, since obviously stairs confuse people and they may assume that by walking up them itwill take them downstairs, it funny/sad that these signs even exist.
Actually, while I can look at stairs and figure out which way they're going, I found the signs useful because I could look across the room and see which way the stairs are going instead of having to walk around the whole room and look at each staircase, especially since most of them are in alcoves, so you can't see the direction they go from across the room. I dunno, I just haven't been in DQ enough, I get so turned around in there.

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:28 pm

Well Jim Hill Media has taken morale to an all time low at DQ. With the supposed closing of DQ in 2008, he quoted CMs that we knew this was coming, we didn't, and now wont know if it's true or not. Theyy are spending lots of money relamping, fixing up paint, wallpaper and carpets. Just spent all kinds of money on new monitors. Yes we havent had a new attraction in years, but we were asked to blue sky ideas as well as suggest quick fix ideas as well. Sounds like were staying, but thanks to Jim, there is always that shadow of a doubt. I hope it's not true, it is alot of fun working there and very laid back....and no FASTPASS!

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker:

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Mon May 01, 2006 6:10 am

SoarWhoreCoCo wrote:Well Jim Hill Media has taken morale to an all time low at DQ. With the supposed closing of DQ in 2008, he quoted CMs that we knew this was coming, we didn't, and now wont know if it's true or not. They are spending lots of money relamping, fixing up paint, wallpaper and carpets. Just spent all kinds of money on new monitors. Yes we havent had a new attraction in years, but we were asked to blue sky ideas as well as suggest quick fix ideas as well. Sounds like were staying, but thanks to Jim, there is always that shadow of a doubt. I hope it's not true, it is alot of fun working there and very laid back... and no FASTPASS!
Jim Hill....

I wish the guy would die a slow, agonizing, painful death. :mad:

The guy spouts rederick (sp?), and everyone believes him. Most of the time, he is dead wrong, but he never acknowledges that. He's an asshole.