Railroad SGs

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
livviemaid
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Railroad SGs

Post by livviemaid » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:16 am

Hi, been spending downtime reading old posts and though I'm not a CM, I really wanted to share a SGT encounter I had on Feb 6th on the railroad· It was cold and wet and we'd decided to take the train back to the front of the park for a hot toddy back at the room and while we were waiting for people to disembark/get on at fantasyland, this huge fight breaks out- a 40-something woman getting on the train was screaming obscenities at a couple who were also getting on and the man was waving his hands at her like he was ready to fight.

CMs came running to see what was going on and the woman hollered that the couple were cutting the line and that they needed to 'go back to your country' (? The couple were clearly American by speech and dress... the CMs responding,however, were not, so it was extra rude) and the man lunges at her and the CMs separated them and then - ETC?! - let them all on the train. As the woman got on, she yelled back at the couple 'welcome to the happiest f***ing place on earth, a**holes!!!'.

This was at around 2pm and the train was full of families. You could have heard a pin drop for the rest of the ride. Since we were already on the train I don't know if the couple cut, but that has happened to everyone and I thought the screaming woman made it so much worse. I couldn't believe they were allowed to ride after that spectacle!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Railroad SGs

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:52 am

Hello, livviemaid, and welcome to SGT! Now, where did I put that monorail...

For the life of me, I can't remember the code. <quick search>

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand just like that, I wind up stuck for hours on Wombat's photobucket page. BRB. I still seem to be having trouble finding it. BRWombat, will you do the honors? I'll simply introduce it so that livvie can wait for it in baited breath.

This monorail, once delivered, will deliver you to your welcome to SGT. And a... warm... welcome it can sometimes be.

It's amazing what you see when you cram up to a hundred thousand people into a park, add some Florida heat, and see what happens.

Thank you for coming out of the shadows and posting that. It's great to get fresh actual SGT content around here.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:31 pm

livviemaid wrote:As the woman got on, she yelled back at the couple 'welcome to the happiest f***ing place on earth, a**holes!!!'.

I couldn't believe they were allowed to ride after that spectacle!
They wouldn't have ridden my train after that outburst. My favorite quote for such situations:

"Please moderate your vocabulary. There are children here ... whose parent's don't think they know those words yet!"

:advisory:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:31 pm

Image livviemaid

Good starter story!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:47 pm

The official Marsupial Welcome Monorail is here:

:Welcome:

And Big Wallaby, you're not losing it. That graphic was one that didn't make it to the new software, now corrected.

Zazu,
Smiliemeister

livviemaid
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by livviemaid » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:57 pm

Thanks! I also have to come clean that not only am I an APer, but am also one of those young healthy looking people who sometimes rents and trades off wheelchair time with my mom and cousin, both who also look young and fit. We have a family condition where really vicious blood blisters form on the soles of our feet after lots of walking (blisters on top of blisters that completely take up your feet) so sometimes by the 3rd day we can't take it and rent one and switch out every few hours. We don't try and get special privileges and never take it into the ride, but yeah... you might see us switch out and loathe on sight. Sorry!

My family owns a small hardware store in Charleston, SC and we get ridiculous customers all the time. We close at 6 every night except Friday and Saturday, when we close at 5. Yesterday after we've flipped the sign to 'closed' but are ringing out the final customers (at 5:20) when a soccer-mom type walks in and asks 'do you know your sign says closed' ?!?!

Nothing helps me laugh it off like reading these posts!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:22 pm

(That's actually the old, outdated Marsupialrail, Zazu. BW, I'll PM you.)

livviemaid, here is your even more official welcome from SGT's Marsupial Welcoming Committee:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:54 am

Zazu and Wombat, thank you both.

livviemaid, as far as needing the wheelchair or ECV, I can certainly understand what you're saying, as I am sure most of us here can understand. If you have something going on with your body, we won't and shouldn't get down on you for doing what you have to. Avoiding something bad happening in your body is a very good thing. I have a difficult time envisioning that everyone has the same issue. But at the end of the day, for the people who are misusing the wheel chairs, it'll catch up with them eventually. No, I don't think while they're at the parks, but down the road, if you abuse the systems in place to help people enough, well... insert the principles of karma here. In the case of your family, play ball and who cares what the people around you think? At the end of the day, we all will have to answer at some time or another for our actions, both good and bad.

I would love to hear more stories about your store. If there's one truth about the SGs of the world, they are EVERYWHERE, not just in the theme parks. I love fresh stories.

In fact, the only ones I don't like are the ones where I am the SG. :redface:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:13 am

BRWombat wrote:(That's actually the old, outdated Marsupialrail, Zazu. BW, I'll PM you.)

livviemaid, here is your even more official welcome from SGT's Marsupial Welcoming Committee:

Sorry, I had dropped that one because the file name is "SGTWelcome2012", and assumed you would be coming up with a new one.

Silly me!

I'd put this one online, but it's too large to transfer. You'll either have to serve it from your system or get Ye Master Admin to put it in manually.

Zazu,
Smiliemeister

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:32 pm

Wombat gave me a good way to take care of it. We're good. Since only marsupials are going to be posting it anyway, why not have a marsupial host it as well? We'll call it the Exclusive Monorail of the Marsupial Welcoming Committee. :biggrin: