Fastpass+ is LITERALLY torture.

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Fastpass+ is LITERALLY torture.

Post by WEDFan » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:16 pm

GaTechGal wrote:Did the word OBAMACARE pop into anyone else's head as they read the original post? :oweye:
Actually sounds much cleaner than HealthCare. g o v. :evil:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:44 pm

WEDFan wrote:
GaTechGal wrote:Did the word OBAMACARE pop into anyone else's head as they read the original post? :oweye:
Obamacare has a much nicer ring to it than a sterile sounding healthcare.gov. The Affordable Care Act is probably the signature piece of legislation for the current president. The Obamacare nickname for the ACA will probably live forever. Pretty neat legacy.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:49 am

Zazu wrote:
ktulu wrote:But yeah, booking a vacation is JUST LIKE torture... :oweye:
Naw, torture is spending all day at a Concierge guest, dealing with guests who can't use MDX because it's down on a day when CastApp is also down.

... and you just realized that with the FP- kiosks being closed, cast members won't be able to get fastpasses any more.

It's a wonder more of us don't "go postal". :grump:
Good news. Cast members can use their main gate pass and link to Fast Pass Plus system. (Cast guest passes can too.)

Now you will have to link your main gate at a Fast Pass Plus station (finding them is a bit interesting). However, once linked Cast Members can enjoy the torture of using Fast Pass Plus just like the regular guests.

BTW, if the guest does not have a wrist band, they can link Fast Pass Plus to the physical ticket too.

So now everyone can lose their minds trying to make the Fast Pass Plus system work.

Good Luck

mapo

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:56 pm

FWIW, The Hub still says not to link your Maingate or guest passes (or cast comp tickets) to MDX.

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:28 pm

Dunno what to say on what someone found on the Hub.

The Fast Pass + team at MK say that we can link our main gate and guest passes. Oh and at MK they have those giant posters in the elevators saying the same.

They are doing a huge push on information for cast with the test in place right now.

The worst of the propaganda machine was about a week ago.
While riding on the Cast Shuttle INTO work, there is some spunky chick who suddenly starts reading off Talking Points about FP+ over the bus PA. :jawdrop:

Of course being the good cast members that we are, we politely ignored her. :notlisten:

Well most were polite. One guy answered his phone and chatted. A few of us were talking and said that she must be new cause she did not realize that we were not awake. (No, I am not working mornings -- Dracula still works late ;) ) And one said that if they wanted us to pay attention to work stuff that they need to start paying us for the bus ride IN.

I asked around. No one had Ms Spiel-er on their ride in. Guess I got lucky. :grump: Or someone got a hold of a union type and said PAY ME! :bigeyes:

So once again, the Disney Internal communications team is well, not consistent. I can tell you that several of the FP+ cast keep telling me how they use their main gates for fast passes and how great the new system is working. Beats me....

mapo

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:29 am

hobie16 wrote:
WEDFan wrote:
Obamacare has a much nicer ring to it than a sterile sounding healthcare.gov. The Affordable Care Act is probably the signature piece of legislation for the current president. The Obamacare nickname for the ACA will probably live forever. Pretty neat legacy.
Oh, I use Obamacare instead of the ACA, too, but when talking about the disaster that was the website launch, I use healthcare. g o v since that is really the part that came in with a big FAIL and made me embarassed to be in the software business.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:38 am

mapo wrote:Dunno what to say on what someone found on the Hub.

The Fast Pass + team at MK say that we can link our main gate and guest passes. Oh and at MK they have those giant posters in the elevators saying the same.

They are doing a huge push on information for cast with the test in place right now.

The worst of the propaganda machine was about a week ago.
While riding on the Cast Shuttle INTO work, there is some spunky chick who suddenly starts reading off Talking Points about FP+ over the bus PA. :jawdrop:

Of course being the good cast members that we are, we politely ignored her. :notlisten:

Well most were polite. One guy answered his phone and chatted. A few of us were talking and said that she must be new cause she did not realize that we were not awake. (No, I am not working mornings -- Dracula still works late ;) ) And one said that if they wanted us to pay attention to work stuff that they need to start paying us for the bus ride IN.

I asked around. No one had Ms Spiel-er on their ride in. Guess I got lucky. :grump: Or someone got a hold of a union type and said PAY ME! :bigeyes:

So once again, the Disney Internal communications team is well, not consistent. I can tell you that several of the FP+ cast keep telling me how they use their main gates for fast passes and how great the new system is working. Beats me....

mapo
So that would explain why there has been so much Guest comment about how the CM's don't have a clue what is going on with MM+. If they're not getting paid, they don't want to be informed. Good to know and it explains a lot.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:23 am

Posters around backstage say something different from what is on the Hub? Imagine my shock! Well, more like static. A little bit. Like when you grab a doorknob and don't actually feel it.

Yeah, it's like that.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:11 am

Goofyernmost wrote:So that would explain why there has been so much Guest comment about how the CM's don't have a clue what is going on with MM+. If they're not getting paid, they don't want to be informed. Good to know and it explains a lot.
So tell me, how much work are you wiling to do for your employer without getting paid for it?

Disney signed a labor contract with the Unions. That -- and Federal Labor Law -- require employers to pay hourly employees for every hour worked. Do you really have a problem with us getting (under)paid for our time?

And where does it stop? Should we be required to read and respond to Company email from home, using our time and computers? Should we be required to watch Disney TV shows or see Disney films on our own nickel so we can stay current with new characters? We now have the "option" of doing laundry for our Company-owned costumes, shall this too be made a requirement of employment?

It is abuses such as these that caused the union movement to begin, and it's violations of labor law and contracts that sustain the movement. It's why I'm a Union member, and why I encourage others to join. Because clueless management (or evil managment, which isn't usually the cast at Disney) make it necessary.

/rant :soapbox:

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:53 am

Zazu wrote:
Goofyernmost wrote:So that would explain why there has been so much Guest comment about how the CM's don't have a clue what is going on with MM+. If they're not getting paid, they don't want to be informed. Good to know and it explains a lot.
So tell me, how much work are you wiling to do for your employer without getting paid for it?

Disney signed a labor contract with the Unions. That -- and Federal Labor Law -- require employers to pay hourly employees for every hour worked. Do you really have a problem with us getting (under)paid for our time?

And where does it stop? Should we be required to read and respond to Company email from home, using our time and computers? Should we be required to watch Disney TV shows or see Disney films on our own nickel so we can stay current with new characters? We now have the "option" of doing laundry for our Company-owned costumes, shall this too be made a requirement of employment?

It is abuses such as these that caused the union movement to begin, and it's violations of labor law and contracts that sustain the movement. It's why I'm a Union member, and why I encourage others to join. Because clueless management (or evil managment, which isn't usually the cast at Disney) make it necessary.

/rant :soapbox:
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that anyone should work for free, but, I will tell you this... no one achieves high levels by just doing what they get paid for. A strong knowledge of the job that they do helps make one impressive as they do their jobs. They are the ones that get positive feedback from a hard to please public. Does one have to listen to information while off the clock and on their way back to the parking lot, housing or whatever. Hell no! Did you get where you got by only doing what was required and showing no interest in being the best you can be at your job? I highly doubt it. Want to know why there is a category on this board entitled "Stupid CM Tricks". It's because some don't care enough about what they are doing to do the job right, no matter how small the pay is. I don't think judges are giving out sentences that require that people work for Disney as a CM, or am I wrong?

It's just me, probably, but, if I worked in a place that has made as many changes recently as WDW and I knew that they didn't have the best organization for getting word out as to what is happening, I would want to take whatever route necessary to make my job easier and not appear lacking in knowledge to the public. No matter what one thinks about management, it is your life. Disney will quickly forget who you are when and if you move on, but, what you do to make yourself as valuable as possible is the difference between winner and loser.

I have been a Union member and if my union spent their time worrying about something as small as what has been mentioned here, I would be calling for new leadership. If you come into work and they don't start paying you until an hour after you actually started your job... call in the Union. If they fire you wrongfully over something that you didn't do... call in the Union. Having someone attempt to explain to you what is happening on a Disney paid for ride-in when you have nowhere else to be... hold that call. It's not a Union issue.
:soapbox: