Good advice, and it's a good thing she was coming early

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Good advice, and it's a good thing she was coming early

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:38 pm

A friend saw this and put it up on his Facebook wall. I had to share.

If the involved person winds up in your area, I would love to know.

All visible names and faces blotted out. I wonder if she makes it before her check-in day at CP housing.

I have to admit, if I am visiting the parks and happen to see the subject of this post, I will probably have to run so she doesn't see me laughing.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Good advice, and it's a good thing she was coming early

Post by hhsrat » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:00 pm

Wow ... just wow.

Luckily, I'm pretty sure that she won't end up in my area. Although, now I do have another good story to add to my "Stupid CP Tricks" collection. Always useful.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:23 am

:jawdrop:
Wow. I mean, just, wow.

People confuse them in conversation all the time, but buying a plane ticket without knowing which is which? Let alone buying a ticket for something official like the College Program?

Wow.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:03 am

So many questions, so few answers.

Did the acceptance into the program come the day before, so that she talked to NO ONE before she went?

Did she not have an actual address to housing?

Did she not have to arrange transportation from airport, thus alerting to where she was actually going?

Did she not have some confirmation info alerting her to check-in and other details?

The list goes on, but will never be answered.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:50 am

YANXWIN wrote:So many questions, so few answers.

Did the acceptance into the program come the day before, so that she talked to NO ONE before she went?

Did she not have to arrange transportation from airport, thus alerting to where she was actually going?

Did she not have some confirmation info alerting her to check-in and other details?

Add to that... Is there anyway to fix stupid? I'm not seeing a bright future for this person.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:05 pm

Did she make it all the way to Disneyland before being notified? And did the person she approached with her letter survive the experience or perhaps die of laughter?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:52 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:

Add to that... Is there anyway to fix stupid? I'm not seeing a bright future for this person.
I always thought that my trainee who got fired on Day 2 of her CP had set a record not soon to be broken, but maybe this kid has a shot at it!

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:38 pm

Zazu wrote:
Goofyernmost wrote:

I always thought that my trainee who got fired on Day 2 of her CP had set a record not soon to be broken, but maybe this kid has a shot at it!
Please share that story. It sounds like a good one. 2nd day, wow!

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:41 pm

that would be funny if she showed up at the land instead of the world.
"Where do I check in for the college program?
err, get on the bus on the street and take it 4100 miles east to this address.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:42 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:
Zazu wrote:I always thought that my trainee who got fired on Day 2 of her CP had set a record not soon to be broken, but maybe this kid has a shot at it!
Please share that story. It sounds like a good one. 2nd day, wow!
I thought sure I'd posted it here, but can't find it at present, so here it is again:

As a trainer, I don't get much notice of who and when I'm training, but I get some. Frequently, the data changes at the last minute, so it's not unusual to get a call telling me so, sometimes at the very last minute (and some times after I show up).

Thus I wasn't too surprised to get a call cancelling a training shift on one day's notice. "So what happened?"

"Your trainee flunked out of Traditions," the Coordinator explained.

Now for those of you who aren't cast, Traditions was at that time a two-day program filled with games, history, Disney-speak, and general orientation. Thanks to the games and films, it's not that hard to stay awake, but that's probably the hardest part. There certainly aren't any tests to take. Thus flunking out seemed rather unlikely.

"How on earth does one flunk out of Traditions?" I asked.

"Well, she showed up for her first day, and everything was fine. The second day, she didn't show up on time, and when she was 15 minutes late, I called her apartment at Vista Way to see if she was okay. She said she was fine, but when I asked her why she wasn't in class she replied....

'What? You don't expect me to show up every day, do you?'" :oweye:

"And for that you termed her?"

"Could you have trained that attitude out of her in four days?"

"Yeah, no, probably not. So you sent her home?"

"Tried to. Told her that if she was packed in 20 minutes, I'd give her a free ride to the airport.

"When I got there, she'd gone back to bed. I told her I'd extend the offer until Security arrived, but then all bets were off. At that point, she dressed and started to pack.

"Security arrived and my ride offer vanished. But the Security guard made his own offer of a ride if she were packed and in the van in 15 minutes.

"She didn't make it. She flopped down on the couch and spent the next quarter hour telling an unreceptive audience how unfair it all was. At that point, we stuffed her remaining items into a trash bag, grabbed her suitcase, and put all of them into the van.

"Last I saw her, she was sitting at the bus stop in front of Walgreens wonder what just happened!"

And that's how you get termed on your second day. :hysterical: