People SUCK

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

People SUCK

Post by mapo » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:47 pm

PEOPLE SUCK :sad:

PEOPLE SUCK :badmood:

UGHHHHHHHH..... :grump:

Sorry, I really meant to say "Merry Christmas" :oweye:

Yes, SG are the bread and butter of our new overpriced vacation experience for the Holidays. But *seriously* can these people just get a freaking clue?

No, if you have no plan on how to find members of your party (including your very small children), we cannot produce your missing party member(s) out of thin air. Better, I cannot produce them in less than 5 minutes! :banghead:

I am a Cast Member. I do Magic. I cannot do miracles. :Lecture:

mapo

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: People SUCK

Post by WEDFan » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:33 am

I know you limit the details for very obvious reasons, but it is always such a tease when you offer some small detail that then turns your imagination loose trying to envision the incident that prompted you to post. :biggrin: Probably the imagined events are worse than the real ones, but then again, knowing SGs, maybe not. :bigeyes:

At any rate, I hope you escaped and eventually did have a Merry Christmas.

Don't let the bastards get you down!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:05 pm

I can give you a story from today.

I work in the timeshare industry, for a reputable company. I do highly recommend buying with one of four companies if you ever decide to own timeshare: Hilton, Starwood, Marriott or Disney. I work for one of the companies I recommend.

Today, I had two families I took on tour. The first spoke mainly Cantonese, so there were several difficulties with that. But they were nice people.

The second family was amazing.

Every so often, I would see them simply check out and stop listening. I would watch their eyes suddenly glass over, it was almost like they had gone into a trance.

When you go to a sales presentation, you know what you're there for. Trust me, if you're sitting in front of me I know you don't want to be there. My battle is very much uphill. Give that person in front of you respect as a human being, so long as they are doing the same with you. I promise that I will return whatever respect you give me tenfold. If my product line has nothing for you, I won't tell you to buy, and several times I have told people we have nothing for them. I have NO problem doing that. Also, I am very good at getting you in and out within the promised 90 minutes. Most people walk away from my presentation feeling good about themselves and my company... I bet you wouldn't expect to hear that from someone who is in my industry and honest. I really do make it 90 minutes of thoughtful enjoyment... I can also make it five hours of hell. After all, I did get my start at Westgate Resorts. Every time you check out on me, I add fifteen minutes to your presentation.

But to simply check out, and do it in such way that I can tell the exact moment it happens, thank you for completely disrespecting me as a human being, when my goal, one way or the other, really is to help you. I don't think I have done anything to disrespect you like you're disrespecting me. If you really so badly don't want to be here, I have news for you: The gifts and discounts we're giving you to be sitting in front of me really aren't worth the time. Especially when you check out on me (see note above about 90 minutes versus five hours). If you're here under subpoena, let me know and I will take pity. All I ask is that you listen and make a judgment call. If your judgment call is no, I will respect that. But at least listen to my proposition.

Otherwise, I'm gonna hypnotize your a** and you're gonna walk out with our biggest ownership package, at $259,000.

[/rant]

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:08 pm

Well, I wish I could say that it was just one incident...or even one day.

I don't know what is going on with these guests this holiday season, but man they are just UGH..... :notlisten:

Nasty and mean -- punching people out randomly. Losing members of their family to the point that you just take a name and put it on the list. Kinda like Santa. :biggrin:

The crowds are bad and we have not even hit the busy part of the season yet. People lying all over the place, especially right in the middle of the walkway. And the illnesses and injuries that they manage to rack up are quite frankly WAY above the norm for the Holidays. :bigeyes:

Do yourself a favor...if so and so is dying/very ill...this is NOT the time to bring them to Disney. :Lecture:

The stress the crowds already put on the stress of the Holidays do not make this a good time for high maintenance people.

Stay home...enjoy your family in small doses as needed...and come see Disney World after the Marathon in January. We might have recovered by then. :hysterical:

mapo

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:22 pm

Big Wallaby wrote: I can also make it five hours of hell.

[/rant]
Why would you want to spend one second more than the required ninety minutes with a brain dead customer? Give them their free crap and move on to a new one. If you spend five hours flogging a twenty percenter you've missed out on two potential buyers. If one of the two closes you've fattened your wallet.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:08 am

hobie, it depends on the day and tour flow. But you are absolutely correct... with someone who is braindead, in reality I do get off the table and get them kicked out as quickly as possible.

Actually, my management is REALLY cool, because if they are making it unpleasant for me, I just have to talk to a manager and they'll get the people kicked out. Especially fun when it's without the gift or discount for being downright mean.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:37 am

Brain dead is one thing but mean changes the game completely. When I ran a corporate demo room I got mostly people that were there to learn about our products. Two stood out from the crowd.

A guy from NASA came on really strong. I answered all his questions and he finally admitted he pulled his shtick to see if the presenter knew his or her stuff. I passed.

We had had a number of visits from GM. All went well except for the last group. Turned out they were in the pocket of our arch competitor. I'd be in the middle of one part of the demo and they'd completely change the subject. I wasn't quite sure what their deal was (the sales guy told me after the demo what their tactics were) so I went with the flow.

One of them finally made an outrageous statement about our product that was right out of our competitor's handbook. I went for the throat. I ridiculed the competitor's need for expensive custom tools, having to shut down a system for hours to replace a minor part that required three people on site, their lack of hot swappable components, etc. One of them finally said prove it. I did.

I yanked out drives, killed power supplies and pulled the power cords from one of the two processor units and the system kept running. I challenged them to try that with one of their crappy systems back in Detroit. The left mumbling while the sales guy did the happy dance.

And I did it all in less than an hour.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:28 pm

To be fair, most of the people I have dealt with are very nice, if only because they know I stand between them and their gift/discount. Now, that's not how I look at it, but I know they do. Not that I have any problem with that.

Yesterday, it was all about showing who was in charge. Trust me, I will win... and I spent enough time as a Cast Member to do it in such way that you would be hard-pressed to complain and not lie. Besides, I think if someone was to complain, I would get a reprimand and a high five.

The people who are truly mean are the minority, just like in the parks. They just happen to be the ones you really remember. And most people attending a timeshare presentation for free stuff aren't doing it to make sure I know my stuff. When they do that it really usually is a game of control. I love that game. The referees are on my side.

If someone was being tough with me to test me, I would respect that. And there is a vast difference. I've found the best way to prove that point is by starting with the same info I gave here. I talk up the competition and say how glad I am to have such competition. If making a comparison I will talk about how great company X's system is, then show how ours is better without saying it, and ask them which is better. So much fun. I've even told people they need both something from my line and DVC. I love doing that. A couple times I have had confusion that I would dare say such a thing.

I've been studying sales techniques for years, it's really where I think I have always wanted to be. I will probably wind up at DVC at some point in the near future, the timing depending on how it goes where I am.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:17 pm

vacuums suck too.
in fact the whole vacuum business sucks

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:05 pm

drcorey wrote:vacuums suck too.
in fact the whole vacuum business sucks
The law of gravity does not exist. The Earth sucks.

Dracula sucks.

There's a term in sailing known as sucker wind. A sucker wind is where you've set up your boat, got the sails up and there's no wind. You're left sitting there waiting for something to happen.

The wind finally starts to fill in. The water begins to darken and the sails begin to move. You hop in the boat, shove off and get about 100 yards off shore when the wind dies. But, just before it's last little puff, the wind whispers, "Sucker."

--- Matt King