Secruity at Knott's Berry Farm

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Secruity at Knott's Berry Farm

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:17 pm

Hmmmm ET go home! (hehehehe)

I, (and me shipmates) got hooked on the singapore slings one cruise"

The best ones were made at the Dragon boat bar in the Hong Kong Hilton. The bartender would "Pour" different gin's in and not "bruise" them, they formed colored bands in the glass!! then you put a straw in and drank at the "Line" when they met!!

Mmmmmmm!!

(before I discovered RUM!!)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

ViperBorg
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by ViperBorg » Thu May 01, 2008 11:23 am

Notatourist wrote:Policy?

The guest hit you? There's more to this story, I can tell, but that's crazy. Someone hits you, you don't hit back...That's battery!

Oh and Welcome. Expect the Marsupials shortly.
I didn't hit back, I restrained. Regardless of any park's policy, I will exercise my right to defend myself. If they hit first, they're the ones getting charged for battery. Any park that has a problem with that can see me in court.

/rant

Yes, the guest hit me because I wouldn't give him his drugs back. You find something on them that can get them arrested, and they get all touchy-grabby on you to get it back and hide. There are other stories as well, involving some foot chases... and a few involving vehicles, but those are for another time.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Sat May 31, 2008 3:52 am

Wait, K's had security? Where were they when we needed them? :D:

I swear, if it was a rides related issue, we were on our own in handling the guest...

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

security officer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by security officer » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:55 pm

Freak wrote:Wait, K's had security? Where were they when we needed them? :D:

I swear, if it was a rides related issue, we were on our own in handling the guest...
i remember those day perfect security haha and it not funny they are never around we u need them

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:14 pm

Yeah, and half the time when they did show up, they were clueless as to what to do. Seriously. They must've been off smoking pot or something--I heard rumors of that kind.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:51 pm

Several years ago, I took my friend to Knott's on Mother's Day. We rode a few rides and then watched the western show. Good show, but noisy. My favorite is Mystery Lodge. My friend and I were counting to see how many security guards were there. People watching and we came across 10.

I heard that another company bought out Knott's. If that is trure, I wonder what will be done to improve the parks?

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:30 pm

turkeyham wrote:Several years ago, I took my friend to Knott's on Mother's Day. We rode a few rides and then watched the western show. Good show, but noisy. My favorite is Mystery Lodge. My friend and I were counting to see how many security guards were there. People watching and we came across 10.

I heard that another company bought out Knott's. If that is trure, I wonder what will be done to improve the parks?
I hope the first thing they do is repave the employee parking lot on Western!

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:45 pm

When I did ROP in 12th grade, I did park in that parking lot. My brother worked there before and he said the pot holes could do damage to your tires. That parking lot was an eye sore. :eek:

Half of the time you could not tell if the parking lot had spaces. It was a wild guess.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:01 pm

Cedar Fair bought out Knott's in 1991. It's gone downhill since then.

svickersart
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by svickersart » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:17 pm

hobie16 wrote:I do! How about Playland At The Beach in San Fran? Remember Laughing Sal? That was a great place to spend a day.
I was at Fishermans warf in SF last thursday, laughing sal and a lot of the old machines from playland are still around http://www.museemechanique.org/ we spent a couple of hours here, we have been before, its a lot of fun.
Steve