Secruity at Knott's Berry Farm

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Secruity at Knott's Berry Farm

Post by felinefan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:15 pm

Somebody filed a class action suit against Cedar Fair, saying they violated break and meal period sections of the labor code. It was investigated, timeclock records were gone through, and yesterday I got a letter from a law firm saying I and 55,000 other former and current CF employees were getting a share of the $9,000,000 settlement; I checked the site given, it checked out, and my share will be $378.58. It's supposed to be disbursed in April, if I read the legalese right. Knott's Berry Farm is part of Cedar Fair, and I did get some breaks and lunches missed due to either conditions being too crowded or idiot management/shift leaders. Well, at least it's something.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:51 pm

A few years ago we had one of those show up at Disneyland. Apparently someone over at the hotel restaurant was not given any breaks and ended up nailing the park for this. The most that you will get paid for this is about $25-$150.

Also, 24 hour fitness got nailed with a law suit and all members who worked out or terminated their contract for $15 to $100. I ended up with $50 from 24 hr fitness.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:50 pm

felinefan wrote:Knott's Berry Farm is part of Cedar Fair, and I did get some breaks and lunches missed due to either conditions being too crowded or idiot management/shift leaders. Well, at least it's something.
Gee, I had no idea. The local park is owned by Cedar Fair. Mind you, I don't get over to it as often as I used to, but the last time I was there, it seemed to be in good shape. I kind of preferred it when Paramount owned it, but that's probably because I liked seeing the Star Trek characters walking around. Remind me sometime to tell you folks about my conversation with a lady Klingon...

svickersart
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by svickersart » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:13 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Gee, I had no idea. The local park is owned by Cedar Fair. Mind you, I don't get over to it as often as I used to, but the last time I was there, it seemed to be in good shape. I kind of preferred it when Paramount owned it, but that's probably because I liked seeing the Star Trek characters walking around. Remind me sometime to tell you folks about my conversation with a lady Klingon...
I remember those days, but if you really want a conversation with a Klingon try a Star Trek convention, then talk Star Wars to them.
Steve

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:19 pm

I have the letter in my wallet right now, and when I logged onto the site, they said $378.58. But we'll see.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:27 pm

svickersart wrote:I remember those days, but if you really want a conversation with a Klingon try a Star Trek convention, then talk Star Wars to them.
Steve
Oh, please. Tweaking a Star Wars/Star Trek fan by talking about the other franchise is no challenge. Besides, why bother getting into a pointless argument?

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:26 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Oh, please. Tweaking a Star Wars/Star Trek fan by talking about the other franchise is no challenge. Besides, why bother getting into a pointless argument?
besides..I bet a lot of them have a storm troopers costume at home!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:57 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:besides..I bet a lot of them have a storm troopers costume at home!
You make it sound like it's a 'bad' thing. :whistlng:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

KingsIslander
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Kings Island

Post by KingsIslander » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:46 pm

Wow. Obviously Knott's is not like the CF parks I've been to. If it's really that bad... that's kind of sad. Please try to keep in mind that, for many of the younger associates, Knott's is their first job- especially if it's near the beginning of the season- they have very little experience. Training can't teach you what experience can.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:54 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Gee, I had no idea. The local park is owned by Cedar Fair. Mind you, I don't get over to it as often as I used to, but the last time I was there, it seemed to be in good shape. I kind of preferred it when Paramount owned it, but that's probably because I liked seeing the Star Trek characters walking around. Remind me sometime to tell you folks about my conversation with a lady Klingon...
I once saw 3 wierdos dressed up as star trek charactors at DLR.
I still call them, Spork, Quirk and Old Whora...

Corey