Secruity at Knott's Berry Farm

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Secruity at Knott's Berry Farm

Post by felinefan » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:24 pm

Trust me, Knott's is not worth going to for any reason. Give the tickets to an enemy, not a friend, because if you give them to a friend and they go they won't be your friend when they get back. The person dressed as a ref was a Games attendant. You could be right--he may have wanted time with his GF or it was true that there was a problem. Either is entirely possible.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:50 pm

felinefan wrote:Trust me, Knott's is not worth going to for any reason. Give the tickets to an enemy, not a friend, because if you give them to a friend and they go they won't be your friend when they get back. The person.
Being housebound most of the time I would take any free ticket outside of DLR. Oh well and Japanese Gardens was fun for me and i remember them rye crisp crackers ooh the smell.

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:04 pm

World of Fun where my BF works is also owned by Cedar Fair. So far most of the employees like it, and I know from talking to my BF that they have very high standards. The park is clean, and the guest service is pretty good- not Disney caliber- but then what do you expect when the majority of employees are teenagers? From what I have heard, I get the impression that Knott's is the black sheep of Cedar Fair.

Petite and Proud!

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:46 pm

And the thing is, Knott's I think is the only CF park that is open year-round. I don't think it's entirely CF's fault Knott's is so bad, but the management is so horrific--you'd think they had a job fair in Hell for hiring managers!

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:01 pm

OK, who remembers the Alligator :ticktock: Farm across the street from Knott's Berry Farm? I remember taking my son there when he was little. He's 27 now!

http://gorillasdontblog.blogspot.com/20 ... -1960.html

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:50 pm

I was surprised the first time I had a guest ask me, 'Where's the dolphin show?" :confused: I hadn't been to Knott's in so long, I didn't know about the alligator farm OR the dolphin show!

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:39 am

felinefan wrote:I was surprised the first time I had a guest ask me, 'Where's the dolphin show?" :confused: I hadn't been to Knott's in so long, I didn't know about the alligator farm OR the dolphin show!
The Dolphin Show was there last time we went to Knott's. I took my kids down to the trainers after the show and a dolphin kept bouncing a ball out of the tank to us and we would throw it back from behind the fence. This was spontaneous, and the trainer told us to stop, probably because we had no fish to reward the dolphin.*Sigh*

I'll have to ask my Mom about the alligator farm, she would remember it.

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:59 am

hobie16 wrote:Golden Gate Park had so many neat things to do. The aquarium was always neat. Remember the alligators in the pool by the entrance?

The museum across the way always had cool exhibits. I went one time and discovered a Levi Strauss exhibit of the winners of a Levis design contest. This was way before CGI so they used multiple programmed slide projectors.
Oh yeah the gators were cool! I loved that Aquarium. That big museum across was cool. Always a good show. Can't remember it's name... They had the King Tut exhibit there when it was in the States.
I also like the Palace of Fine Arts! They had Laserium there for awhile when laser shows were all the rage in the late 70's and 80's and the Exploratorium. That was cool. I think the Exploratorium is still there. I know they were updating it a some years back. I had a great time at the Exploratorium! There was also a great Art museum up near the Presidio. They have Rodin's The Thinker there. They had a huge Rodin show for a long time. I am not sure if that exhibit is still there. That Art museum was so nice!

I love The City! There was always something fun to do. Growing up a quick drive from San Fran was a great way to grow up! Then when I got older, I always went to some fun clubs there. The best club was the EM club at TI (Treasure Island). ;) .50 cent drinks that were usually double shots. The bartenders were these great little Philipino guys that knew how to make a good drink! They were always so nice! I always liked the Singapore Sling! :eek: NOT ANYMORE!
We had so much fun meeting people from all over the country. Yeah, I liked sailors.....squids! ;)

sues
svickersart wrote:Knotts is currently owned by Cedar Fair LLC who owns the big cedar point park back east. They also own Gilroy gardens and Great American in Santa Clara Ca. I had relitives that lived a few miles from Great America and we watched it get built, it was owned by Marriot then, they were going to tear it down and the city of Santa Clara bought it and operated it for several years, then it went to paramont and then Cedar Fair. I spent many summers there while visiting. When i was a kid every trip to Disneyland also included a day at Knotts, and my GF did the same thing. Last november while were were at DL for a week we took a day for Knotts and Medievil times. MT was a lot of fun but Knotts was very dissapointiing. We waited in line for food for 15 minutes and when we got to the counter the kid working told us he was closed, there was a problem in the back so he couldnt take our order (all the other lines were still going and quite long and we couldnt help but notice a young lady dressed like a ref waiting impacently off to the side, we figured he wanted a break with his GF) We went to another place and it took us 45 minutes to get something to eat, only two people working and the one preparing the food waas either very very new and untrained or developmentaly disabled because he was having a very hard time filling the oreders and there were only two groups in front of us. Finaly another person showed up and jumped in and things started moving but our order was all wrong. When we got back to the room that night my GF got online and email a compaint, and told them we would not be back and our memories of the park were now tarnished. We got a responce about 4 months later by mail explaining they had some management issues and these had been addressed, they also sent us 4 tickets to the park and asked us to give it another try. We are going to be in S Cal in August for a bowling tourny and taking a week vacation so we are going to go back and give it another chance, we are going to give up a day at DL, or at least part of the day to give them a second chance, if nothing has changed we wont be back, if things have changed we might give it another try. We are also going to do a day at Universal Studios on the way home. In June we are goiing to take a day and go to Great America (my GF is from Hayward so she also spent a lot of time there as a kid) and see how they are running that park, so wish us luck.

Steve
Great America used to be a great place to go! I don't know how it is now. With all the gangs in the area, I would imagine it can't be all that great!

I always liked to go to the Winchester Mystery House! That was fun!
"Keep building! Keep building!"
You ain't seen nuthin til you see the Winchester Mystery House. I imagine hobie has been there as well, eh hobie? :p:

sues

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:40 am

Princess Susi wrote:They were always so nice! I always liked the Singapore Sling!

I imagine hobie has been there as well, eh hobie?
When I was in the Army I was introduced to Singapore Slings by a Lt. Col. They were good but damn did I get hammered!

I've been to the Winchester House many times. It's now completely surrounded by a Century theater complex and a instant neighborhood.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:19 am

Hammered is the right word for Singapore Slings! Wow! They were potent! But delicious! Fruity drinks are not supposed to be that dangerous, right? hehehe...

My first fiance was a sailor, an ET, who was stationed on the USS Hancock (AKA the USS Handjob) which has long since been decommissioned. I went on a dependent's cruise on that thing and got very seasick. It was a aircraft carrier for crying out loud. How am I gonna make it on a Disney Cruise? LOTS OF DRAMAMINE! :barf:
We also used to go to the clubs at Alameda Naval Air and Vallejo Mare Island. Fun times!

sues

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!