Secruity at Knott's Berry Farm

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
memopad85
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Secruity at Knott's Berry Farm

Post by memopad85 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:49 pm

I'm a Secruity Aid at Knott's Berry Farm for the Halloween Haunt and I've already encountered some stupid things. When people are waiting in line to be checked by the metal detector, I tell them to take EVERYTHING out of their pockets. When I tell them that, they ask, "Even my wallet?". What part of EVERYTHING don't they understand. After a while, it starts to become annoying when people don't understand the word EVERYTHING.

Another stupid thing I've seen just happened on Saturday night when it started to pour at KBF. It started to pour and I'm at the main gate patroling and two guys come up to me and my partner with one of those outside table umbrellas in their hands. They take it off the table to use to avoid not getting wet and walked all the way to their car and were caught by some other secruity guards and told them to take the umbrella back. That was stupid, they didn't figure they would get caught and they did and they ended up getting wet after all.

One more stupid thing happened on the same night during the storm. People were using the trash can lids by placing it over their heads. For one thing, its stupid, and another thing is that the trash can lids really stink. Its amazing what people will do to avoid getting wet.

One last thing about guests I encountered. Some of the guest are actually amazed that gum wrappers has metal in it. When the metal detector beeps at someone's pocket, the guest takes it out and says, "Oh, its just my gum". I tell them that the wrapper, which is foil, is a metal and they are amazed about it. They get excited because they learn something new.

Type up some stories that you have about secruity, if you're not from KBF, it doesn't matter, as long as you're secruity at a theme park and have some good stories.

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:43 pm

Welcome to Stupidguesttricks.com Memopad! I hate to tell you but i don't think we have any security guards on this site at all. At least none that have shared the fact. But welcome anyway.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

memopad85
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by memopad85 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:36 pm

I'll tell some co-workers about this site. Maybe they'll join the forums and spread the word out.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Secruity at Knott's Berry Farm

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:00 am

memopad85 wrote:I'm a Secruity Aid at Knott's Berry Farm for the Halloween Haunt and I've already encountered some stupid things....
One more stupid thing happened on the same night during the storm. People were using the trash can lids by placing it over their heads. For one thing, its stupid, and another thing is that the trash can lids really stink. Its amazing what people will do to avoid getting wet.
OMG, this is so gross! Makes me sick to think guests used filthy trash can lids to cover their heads. YUCK :!: memopad85, you've just epitomized a stupid guests. Thank God DLR guests can't pull this trashy trick. They would if they could. Bring your KFB Security CMs & post your adventures to our site.
Security stories from any park would be more than enlightening. :lol:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

tskbf2005
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by tskbf2005 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:44 pm

memopad85 wrote:I'm a Secruity Aid at Knott's Berry Farm for the Halloween Haunt and I've already encountered some stupid things. When people are waiting in line to be checked by the metal detector, I tell them to take EVERYTHING out of their pockets. When I tell them that, they ask, "Even my wallet?". What part of EVERYTHING don't they understand. After a while, it starts to become annoying when people don't understand the word EVERYTHING.

Another stupid thing I've seen just happened on Saturday night when it started to pour at KBF. It started to pour and I'm at the main gate patroling and two guys come up to me and my partner with one of those outside table umbrellas in their hands. They take it off the table to use to avoid not getting wet and walked all the way to their car and were caught by some other secruity guards and told them to take the umbrella back. That was stupid, they didn't figure they would get caught and they did and they ended up getting wet after all.

One last thing about guests I encountered. Some of the guest are actually amazed that gum wrappers has metal in it. When the metal detector beeps at someone's pocket, the guest takes it out and says, "Oh, its just my gum". I tell them that the wrapper, which is foil, is a metal and they are amazed about it. They get excited because they learn something new.

Type up some stories that you have about secruity, if you're not from KBF, it doesn't matter, as long as you're secruity at a theme park and have some good stories.
our guest don't surprize me anymore

ViperBorg
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by ViperBorg » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:58 am

memopad85 wrote:I'll tell some co-workers about this site. Maybe they'll join the forums and spread the word out.
All right, I'll get in on this...
I was Security then moved to Loss Prevention...

Then quit.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:19 pm

Hmm, did you do your job so good that theft stopped?

or was there another reason?

Hmmmmm?

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

ViperBorg
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by ViperBorg » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:07 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Hmm, did you do your job so good that theft stopped?

or was there another reason?

Hmmmmm?
Nope. Just couldn't stand the place.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:19 pm

ViperBorg wrote:Nope. Just couldn't stand the place.
Sorry to hear that. Well, I was talking with a DLR CM last trip that was "guarding" a VIP (waiting for them actually) and he was saying that they need (experienced) security!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

ViperBorg
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by ViperBorg » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:47 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Sorry to hear that. Well, I was talking with a DLR CM last trip that was "guarding" a VIP (waiting for them actually) and he was saying that they need (experienced) security!
Yeah, the protocols and regulations we're borderline asinine. I had a guest attack me because I found his drugs, (during the course of my job, as we screen people as they enter the park) and I got suspended for bringing him to the ground and having a police officer handcuff him.

Oh, and I couldn't press charges because of "policy".