Welcome back to Stupid Guest Tricks!

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Welcome back to Stupid Guest Tricks!

Post by drcorey » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:37 pm

It's mostly stock. wait until they start modding it.
my church uses yabb 2.5 for their forums.

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:25 pm

I'm glad to see everything got back up and running and the transition went smoothly. Cujo had told me what was going on and I'm glad to see that SGT has been handed off to good hands.

I don't know how many stories I have to share anymore. Morning shifts tend to lend to less sgts. Also I tend to be extremely busy. Honestly I blame Cujo ;) well really its Lady Ulrika's fault but that's another story. If you all know me outside the board come say hi, I'm in my usual stomping grounds at the park. If you want to try and find me....well...

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:39 pm

Stduck wrote:I'm glad to see everything got back up and running and the transition went smoothly. Cujo had told me what was going on and I'm glad to see that SGT has been handed off to good hands.

I don't know how many stories I have to share anymore. Morning shifts tend to lend to less sgts. Also I tend to be extremely busy. Honestly I blame Cujo ;) well really its Lady Ulrika's fault but that's another story. If you all know me outside the board come say hi, I'm in my usual stomping grounds at the park. If you want to try and find me....well...
Maybe next trip I'll get LU to bring us by. Or have we already met?

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:18 pm

ktulu, great job on the board. Now that I've been able to use it for a few days, I've really come to like the new forum software (smilie aggravation notwithstanding). Kudos for all the work you did in such a short time to move all the data from the old site, ferret out the malware, and set everything up on the new server!

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:50 pm

BRWombat wrote:ktulu, great job on the board. Now that I've been able to use it for a few days, I've really come to like the new forum software (smilie aggravation notwithstanding). Kudos for all the work you did in such a short time to move all the data from the old site, ferret out the malware, and set everything up on the new server!
Word!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:42 am

hobie16 wrote:I just noticed that the :dropmouth: smilie has been added to the standard list next the the text entry box. This is a major time saver as I use it all the time to respond to DisneyMom zingers.

:dropmouth: :dropmouth: :dropmouth: :dropmouth: DisneyMom :dropmouth: :dropmouth: :dropmouth: :dropmouth:

NOW it is feeling the way it used to! :biggrin:

BTW, Thanks to Mods for adding a Pin Bag to my Avatar?Rank Thingee :bow:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:06 am

hobie16 wrote: Word!
When ktulu states he will take on a task he does just that, and follows it through. He NEVER leaves if/when needed. He is not to be underestimated. hobie, Scooter's pix is excellent! I was so pleased to see your little guy. Made me smile. :cool:

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:22 am

I got the stuff moved, but without input and help from Team SGT, you'd have a default install of phpBB to stare at.

Zazu is slaving away on the smilies. This was the area that I dislike about this software. Thankfully there was a mod that allows us to make categories on smilies, so you'll be able to find them a bit easier. But it also means that Zazu is going through a few thousand smilies (close to 3k) to put them in categories. I want to drop by and see him in person on our next visit, but I'm afraid he'll invite me backstage and punch me in the throat! This was him when he saw what happened to the smilies: :bigeyes:

BRWombat is responsible for the new logo, the look of the touron, the rank badges, both for here and FB.

Big Wallaby is eventually going to finish finding all the grammar mistakes.

hhsrat was there from the beginning, but I couldn't find a task for him. He was the guy standing there going, can I help? Want me to get, oh, you're getting it.

SGT 2.0, now bring on the stories!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Penny
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Penny » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:11 am

I love the new look. Thanks for coming back!!!

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:43 am

Boy, you get sick for a few days, and when you come back to see if your favorite site is back, WHAM!!!
:dropmouth:
This looks great. And it is wonderful to seem some familiar names putting in an appearance.

Thanks again to he outgoing management for all the work over the past 10 years. And, thanks to the new team for all their work in getting things going again.

I have really missed everyone here over the past weeks. Glad to see you back!