I'd Rather Whine than Switch

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: I'd Rather Whine than Switch

Post by WEDFan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:23 pm

YANXWIN wrote:Where do I sign up? That sounds AWESOME!!!!!! Can I help light them?
I can tell ya, once you've had a fireworks cinder in your eye, you don't want to be seeing them that close!

:blowup:

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Probably true, but Disney is very safety conscious and so mickey shaped safety glasses would be issued for sure. And think of the cool hardhats merchandizing would come up with (for a nominal fee, of course).

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:25 pm

bookbabe wrote:Wanna bet there's some SG posting over on Board X right now, complaining about how their vacation was ruined because they couldn't do their Pirate voyage, and it's all Disney's fault...? :confused:
Nope. I have not seen any such complaint. (Yet.)

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:57 pm

Zazu wrote:I think I could have offered to set off the fireworks inside their hotel room without sparking any interest.
:hysteria: I knew you'd say something like that, Zazu! Yeah, if I didn't live so far away, I'd be right over to help light--and aim--the fireworks, too! Of course you know that room would be uninhabitable for a while, but it would be soooo worth it!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:55 pm

Zazu wrote:I think I could have offered to set off the fireworks inside their hotel room without sparking any interest.
felinefan wrote: :hysteria: I knew you'd say something like that, Zazu! Yeah, if I didn't live so far away, I'd be right over to help light--and aim--the fireworks, too! Of course you know that room would be uninhabitable for a while, but it would be soooo worth it!
I'd have been willing to pay the $500 smoking fee myself just to watch ... from a great distance! :moneybag:

Zazu

Mouseshooter
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Mouseshooter » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:12 am

Since that probably wouldn't have been good enough, how 'bout putting the fireworks in dads pants!?

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:45 am

Hi, Mouseshooter!

:waves:

Great to see a new face (avatar?) in the neighborhood! Welcome!

There used to be more of a formal welcoming committee here, but I haven't seen them in a while. I found this a very welcoming group in general, so I know everyone will make you feel at home with or without the official ceremonies.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:25 am

Mouseshooter wrote:Since that probably wouldn't have been good enough, how 'bout putting the fireworks in dads pants!?
Close to Don Rickle's, "Drop my pants and fire a rocket."

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:55 pm

Mouseshooter wrote:Since that probably wouldn't have been good enough, how 'bout putting the fireworks in dads pants!?
Have you seen the radius of one of those 16-inch shells? It would have been inside dad's pants, and everyone else's, without special placement.

Then again, we would have to charge them the $500 fee for smoking in their room ... if we can find them!

Zazu

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:07 pm

Zazu wrote:Then again, we would have to charge them the $500 fee for smoking in their room ... if we can find them!
If a sixteen inch shell hit you'd have trouble finding the building.

[LEFT][font=Helvetica]The Armor Piercing (AP) shell fired by these guns is capable of penetrating nearly 30 feet (9 m) of concrete, depending upon the range and obliquity of impact. The High Capacity (HC) shell can create a crater 50 feet wide and 20 feet deep (15 x 6 m). During her deployment off Vietnam, USS New Jersey (BB-62) occasionally fired a single HC round into the jungle and so created a helicopter landing zone 200 yards (180 m) in diameter and defoliated trees for 300 yards (270 m) beyond that.

Image[/font][/LEFT]

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.