The beginning of the end? Or the end of the beginning?

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
DCPMom
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: The beginning of the end? Or the end of the beginning?

Post by DCPMom » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:44 am

I have checked this site out for years and you guys were here for me when my daughter did the DCP last year and had ugly guests. I will be more than happy to donate!

KieranDotW
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by KieranDotW » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:47 pm

I would really miss SGT if it was gone. I noticed the website being shut down over the week and being no web expert I didn't know what the reason was or where to go to make sure it was fixed. I probably assumed it was just something you all were already working on.

Anyway, I'm only a high school student with no credit card so as much as I'd like to donate, it just isn't an option for me. However, I'd be more than happy and to volunteer to create a subreddit to continue our SGT-ing over there. It would be free to run and would hopefully future-proof us as well. Is there any interest in me doing so?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:32 pm

KieranDotW wrote:I would really miss SGT if it was gone. I noticed the website being shut down over the week and being no web expert I didn't know what the reason was or where to go to make sure it was fixed. I probably assumed it was just something you all were already working on.

Anyway, I'm only a high school student with no credit card so as much as I'd like to donate, it just isn't an option for me. However, I'd be more than happy and to volunteer to create a subreddit to continue our SGT-ing over there. It would be free to run and would hopefully future-proof us as well. Is there any interest in me doing so?
No, there is a growing team of folks who are going to keep SGT running.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:40 pm

Haven't been here since my cable got shut down.
For some reason they want $$ every month,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,awful narrowed minded of them. :(
Of course gettin your hours cut @ work didn't help. ;)
Maybe I should go see Mariane some more. :rolleyes:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:46 pm

Before the owner quits and hands it over.
they should tell thier real first name so we can all tell them thank you for starting this messageboard.

Corey

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:49 am

A quick giving of my two cents... I haven't been able to get onto SGT for months now, so I wouldn't know that it was gone. Perhaps someone who knows what to do when a traceroute fails halfway to your destination web address can help me with this; I can find nothing online that is anywhere near useful. I DID find it interesting that this happened within a day of me doing the rare thing and booting some idiot spammer.

I would love to be back here, be a part of this community... and with the job I have been in the last couple months now, I have some GREAT stories, with more to come every day, both while in training for my next position, and once I hit the work environment.

It may be a while before I can get back here again.

So, if anyone knows how to help with something like this, if you don't have an e-mail address for me, please e-mail me at [email protected].

I love the idea of renewing this site. The community is very important to me, and so is the entertainment. Without this site, there are several people who I would not be privileged to have as a part of my life. This site should have another decade of stories. I think we can do it. Those of us who have worked for the entertainment companies and moved on but still live in the areas aroud have plenty of encounters with, what was that word I heard the other day? Oh, "tourons." So descriptive.

If I can find out my Internet access problems then I will start posting stories from the last few momths before too many of them are lost forever. They will also serve to give a great glimpse into an industry in the area that is often misunderstood and very often hated. But I am in that industry (yes, THAT industry) now, and I can't wait to share it with you, as I have seen the bad and the ugly.

I look forward to what I think the future does and should hold for this site.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:06 am

Big Wallaby wrote:A quick giving of my two cents... I haven't been able to get onto SGT for months now, so I wouldn't know that it was gone. Perhaps someone who knows what to do when a traceroute fails halfway to your destination web address can help me with this; I can find nothing online that is anywhere near useful. I DID find it interesting that this happened within a day of me doing the rare thing and booting some idiot spammer.

I would love to be back here, be a part of this community... and with the job I have been in the last couple months now, I have some GREAT stories, with more to come every day, both while in training for my next position, and once I hit the work environment.

It may be a while before I can get back here again.

So, if anyone knows how to help with something like this, if you don't have an e-mail address for me, please e-mail me at [email protected].

I love the idea of renewing this site. The community is very important to me, and so is the entertainment. Without this site, there are several people who I would not be privileged to have as a part of my life. This site should have another decade of stories. I think we can do it. Those of us who have worked for the entertainment companies and moved on but still live in the areas aroud have plenty of encounters with, what was that word I heard the other day? Oh, "tourons." So descriptive.

If I can find out my Internet access problems then I will start posting stories from the last few momths before too many of them are lost forever. They will also serve to give a great glimpse into an industry in the area that is often misunderstood and very often hated. But I am in that industry (yes, THAT industry) now, and I can't wait to share it with you, as I have seen the bad and the ugly.

I look forward to what I think the future does and should hold for this site.
Sorry, can't help but be confused here. If you cannot access SGT, how am I reading this post? :shrug: Second, I do hope whatever the problem is it clears up because I personally need to hear what is considered Touron activity. :donkey: I don't want to fall into that group. Good luck!

:goofy: :goofy:

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:22 am

Big Wallaby wrote: They will also serve to give a great glimpse into an industry in the area that is often misunderstood and very often hated. But I am in that industry (yes, THAT industry) now, and I can't wait to share it with you, as I have seen the bad and the ugly.
On the plus side, at least the industry you're in isn't the "South American Group Youth Tour" industry.

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:37 pm

hhsrat wrote:On the plus side, at least the industry you're in isn't the "South American Group Youth Tour" industry.
Do we know that for sure? ;)

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:03 pm

hobie16 wrote:Do we know that for sure? ;)
Oh, hobie, you should know that wallabies are not native to South America...

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter