Vegas road trip! Mark your calendars!

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
harry11
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Vegas road trip! Mark your calendars!

Post by harry11 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:57 am

BRWombat wrote:I'm giving you guys -- especially all you SoCal SGTers -- almost a year's notice here: the2014 Barbershop Harmony Convention, when the Vocal Majority returns to international competition, will be held June 29 through July 6 next summer in las vegas off road tours, all under one roof at the MGM Grand!

The contest itself will be in the MGM Grand Arena, with the chorus competition being held all day on Friday, July 4. That'll be a ticketed event, but (as some here can already tell you) our rehearsals in the days leading up to the competition are always free and open to the public. So if you can get there, you can meet this marsupial and hear us sing! I'll post more details later.
:rocker: The trip to Vegas is Adventures to go and know about desert.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:54 pm

Since the thread was revived while I was on vacation, might as well give another one-year notice for the next Wombat in Vegas adventure! Yep, the 2017 International Convention of the Barbershop Harmony Society will again be held in Las Vegas -- with the contests and performances held in The AXIS theater at Planet Hollywood.

(The convention had been scheduled for Minneapolis, but they're now renovating the arena the Society had booked. So, back to Vegas!)

And as it will be 3 years since Vocal Majority's win, yes, we're eligible to compete, and yes, we'll be there, going for our 13th gold medal! It will be the first full week of July 2017.

Stay tuned for details -- and start planning your road trips now!!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:48 pm

Note to self,,start savin and plannin.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:47 pm

BRWombat wrote:Since the thread was revived while I was on vacation, might as well give another one-year notice for the next Wombat in Vegas adventure! Yep, the 2017 International Convention of the Barbershop Harmony Society will again be held in Las Vegas -- with the contests and performances held in The AXIS theater at Planet Hollywood.

(The convention had been scheduled for Minneapolis, but they're now renovating the arena the Society had booked. So, back to Vegas!)

And as it will be 3 years since Vocal Majority's win, yes, we're eligible to compete, and yes, we'll be there, going for our 13th gold medal! It will be the first full week of July 2017.

Stay tuned for details -- and start planning your road trips now!!
I know SGT's not the hub of activity it used to be, but in case anyone is checking, I will be in Vegas next week, from July 5-9, if anyone wants to make a trip out to see me and/or hear Vocal Majority rehearse or perform. As mentioned above, the contest and performances will be in the AXIS Theater at Planet Hollywood, with other convention activities spread out between Planet Hollywood, Paris, and Bally's.

VM will be rehearsing in Paris, in Vendome B. Here's our rehearsal schedule:

 Wednesday 10pm-Midnight
 Thursday 10am-Noon
 Thursday 3:30-5:30pm

Other activities on our schedule: The chorus contest is on Friday, with VM performing 23rd out of 31 competitors. We're scheduled to be on stage around 5:55pm (PDT). Hopefully within a couple of hours after that we'll know how we did.

We're also performing with another champion-level megachorus, Ambassadors of Harmony, in a one-hour show on Saturday at 5 pm. Even if you can't be there, check out the details on how you can live-stream it for free below!!

Finally, we'll be back in the Vendome Ballroom in Paris around 10:30 pm on Saturday for a joint afterglow with the Ambassadors -- always a ton of great music in a relaxed atmosphere. This isn't streamed, but if you're in town, it's free to attend!

Streaming
If you can't make it to Las Vegas , you can still experience the excitement of the International Contest. The 5-day Las Vegas Chorus and Quartet competition can be streamed live, for a small fee. You can either pick and choose what you want to see or watch every minute. The Saturday Night Spectacular Show which the VM is on (we'll be singing with another 150 man chorus and several gold medal quartets) is free.

Here's the link to order the live streams, and for other convention/contest info:
http://www.barbershop.org/vegas/

Let me know if you might be able to make it!!