Your Pet Peeves

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Your Pet Peeves

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:19 am

What are your pet peeves?? What are things that irrate you the most by guests. All can post here: ODV, custodial, entertainment, stores, foods, merchandising, attractions, etc... Post them all here!!

My pet peeves are:

-Guest calling the goggles, "Glasses
-Guest calling the presentation, "Show" or "movie."
-Guest calling "Fantasmic!": "Fantasia", "Fantasmo", the "Fireworks show"

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:49 am

When I worked at Strollers, one of my biggest pet peeves was guests who didn't specify what they wanted. For example:

Guest (to me): One.
Me: One what?
Guest (pointing in the general direction of the strollers and wheelchairs): One of those things.
Me: One of what things?
Guest: A stroller, geez what else would I come here for?
Me: We also have wheelchairs, ECVs, autograph books, pens, cameras, sunscreen, umbrellas, and ponchos.

A few more from Strollers:
-Guests who call ECVs the "electric chair." On my last day when someone asked for an electric chair I told them it was illegal in most states.
-Guests who wait in the line at Strollers when it's insanely long just to buy a camera, when they could've gone under the tunnel to Guide II, bought the camera, and been on their way in less than 5 minutes.

Of course there are the usual store ones, like when guests claim something was less expensive somewhere else, etc.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:03 am

I almost went off on someone today because he (sadisticly) insisted that someone had died on my attraction during a downtime. i of course assuered him that nobody had died, and that i wasn't a laughing matter, and when he continued to insist that was the problem, and leaned over to someon else in the crowd (who either knew him, or knew he was being a dick) and siad "someone takes things alittle too seriously"

so i says to him in my serious, fuck you, voice "SIR, if you are going to have that kind of attitude, you are NOT WELCOME here, now GET LOST" or somethign pretty much like that.

I'm sorry that i don't have a sense of humor about death, especially the death of someone on an attraction. i should have told him that he wouldn't think it was funny if it was him, or maybe that kid dozing so nicely in the stroller he was pushing, i know if my kid/friend/me/anyone died on a ride, particularly one that i was working on, i wouldn't be in much of a joking mood, and you can bet that if something like that had happened on the ride, you'd probly be able to tell! Mainly the CMs in front would probly be pale faced, and shaken, we'd be crawling with managers, and i probly would have told him to fuck off, and given him my first and last name (i'm not in the phone books) and even if someone was dead on the ride, would i tell you in front of a crowd of people? HELL FUCKIN NO!!! I just might go off on the next guest to ask such a stupid question, especially with BTM in my area... damn

Moderaters feel free to edit my post, but make sure it gets the point acorss.

Gimme some soft serve!

abc
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by abc » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:36 am

Scheduling! Costuming! Oh, guest pet peeves :lol: How about the dads who always yell to their children "don't touch anything!" in the restrooms towards the end of my round (11-14 minutes usually) and later walk out without washing their hands. God if you are going to say the restroom that was just cleaned is dirty you can at least wash your hands!

Also, when I am emptying a trash can. The door is open, the liner is removed, and I am either holding it in my hand or replacing the bag, then a guest tosses someting inside the flap into the trash can with no liner. Sometimes cast members do this too. How can you be so blind!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:42 am

abc wrote:Also, when I am emptying a trash can. The door is open, the liner is removed, and I am either holding it in my hand or replacing the bag, then a guest tosses someting inside the flap into the trash can with no liner. Sometimes cast members do this too. How can you be so blind!
Forget this one! Never ending battle in both parks. :cry: You'll NEVER win this war. Blind is not their prob. Non thinking & non caring is a better description.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:09 pm

abc wrote:Also, when I am emptying a trash can. The door is open, the liner is removed, and I am either holding it in my hand or replacing the bag, then a guest tosses someting inside the flap into the trash can with no liner. Sometimes cast members do this too. How can you be so blind!
Oh, yeah!!! I do that too. It was just once, :D

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:54 pm

My pet peeves. I could write a book. My first one is when you are outside doing guest control (especially in front of mansion for holiday) and one guest walks up to you to ask where the A. Fastpass return is, B. The end of the Stand-By line is, C. Where to get a fastpass or D. Where do Wheelchairs/Handicap/GAC go. Ok I have been yelling in my best drum major voice (yes gand geeks I was almost a drum major) where ABC and D are. Second I hate the term handicap, I use wheelchair or guests needing special assistance. Handicap sounds so negative, my cousin is legally blind, for her its not a handicap she gets along just fine.

I could go one but then no one would want to read my post.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: Your Pet Peeves

Post by Zazu » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:55 pm

My pet peeves are:
* The way the Cast Portal lists only some of my shifts, and then getting dumped on for missing the shifts that aren't listed.

* Having the Company send me a letter that I've been overpaid, and asking me to fill out an enclosed form so they can take it out of my pay ... but not including the form.

* Spending nine months out on disability, rehab, and mod duty, then returning just in time to be told I'm being furloughed and will only get six hours/week of work ... and half what I was paid on disability.

* Watching show quality go down the toilet in the past year since the show quality monitor positions were eliminated.

* Knowing that the members of management who most need to come learn from SGT will never visit.

Yeah, today's my day for an attitude problem. Deal with it!

Zazu

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:56 pm

abc wrote:... when I am emptying a trash can. The door is open, the liner is removed, and I am either holding it in my hand or replacing the bag, then a guest tosses someting inside the flap into the trash can with no liner. Sometimes cast members do this too. How can you be so blind!
Practice!

Zazu

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:46 am

i was almost DM too, but i was the ranking leadership officer with four years under my belt, while the DMs only had 2 and 3, when i spoke, leadership listened, and if people wouldn't do what i told them, someone else would make them, and then we'd both give them pushups, i was a nice officer though, i never gove more the five... i don't recall ever assigning more than 20 to any one problem child.

Gimme some soft serve!