Hire the Handicapped?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Hire the Handicapped?

Post by YANXWIN » Fri May 17, 2013 11:42 am

I wish they would get in trouble too, but I don't see this going anywhere. This will continue in a more clandestine way and nothing will change. My wife made the offhand comment last night that they should make everyone in the party prove they are a family. I laughed and she got mad. People will continue to lie about illnesses and the rich will continue to hire others to serve them. It's the way it is and it gives a bad image to those who truly need the passes for legitimate reasons. Sad.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri May 17, 2013 12:24 pm

YANXWIN wrote:I wish they would get in trouble too, but I don't see this going anywhere. This will continue in a more clandestine way and nothing will change. My wife made the offhand comment last night that they should make everyone in the party prove they are a family. I laughed and she got mad. People will continue to lie about illnesses and the rich will continue to hire others to serve them. It's the way it is and it gives a bad image to those who truly need the passes for legitimate reasons. Sad.
now theres a disney bumper sticker.
Hire the handicapped, they work cheap

Corey

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri May 17, 2013 7:00 pm

drcorey wrote:now theres a disney bumper sticker.
Hire the handicapped, they work cheap
This is HORRID!!!! HEARTLESS!!! Remark. :mad:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri May 17, 2013 7:24 pm

Main Streeter wrote:This is HORRID!!!! HEARTLESS!!! Remark. :mad:
and whats really horrible is for these handdicapped to offer these services for a few dollars. they know what they are doing. when some news reporters tryed to speak with them, they all ran like roaches, most dont even answer thier phones now. and I heard the places that still operate ask you who told you about them before they will even talk to you.

Corey

KieranDotW
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by KieranDotW » Sat May 18, 2013 10:24 am

Main Streeter wrote:This is HORRID!!!! HEARTLESS!!! Remark. :mad:
I don't even know how to approach the issue, I mean the handicapped are consciously offering their own services and dehumanizing themselves in the process. But it does affect the disabled community as a whole in that it trivializes their needs as a gimmick others can take advantage of, and forces Disney to question even those who respect and use the GAC system properly.

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Fri May 31, 2013 10:42 am

http://www.today.com/news/undercover-di ... 6C10131266

Glad Disney is reviewing their policies. I'd be interested to know what they are going to do.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Fri May 31, 2013 12:00 pm

GaTechGal wrote:http://www.today.com/news/undercover-di ... 6C10131266

Glad Disney is reviewing their policies. I'd be interested to know what they are going to do.
Simple! They are going to holler STOP, and if you don't stop it we'll holler STOP again. That should fix it!

:goofy: :goofy:

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:59 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:Simple! They are going to holler STOP, and if you don't stop it we'll holler STOP again. That should fix it!
Actually, in the article, Disney says that anyone found abusing their passes like this will have said pass revoked, and they won't be allowed back into the parks.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:34 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Actually, in the article, Disney says that anyone found abusing their passes like this will have said pass revoked, and they won't be allowed back into the parks.
Easy to say, but how do they catch them. If the guide actually has a disability Disney doesn't have a leg to stand on. No pun intended. How does anyone prove a relationship (family type). They'd have to confess in order to be be sure. Would Disney dare to take the chance to accuse someone or would they be too worried that these people actually were family and it's lawsuit time. :confused:

:goofy: :goofy:

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:54 am

Goofyernmost wrote:Easy to say, but how do they catch them. If the guide actually has a disability Disney doesn't have a leg to stand on. No pun intended. How does anyone prove a relationship (family type). They'd have to confess in order to be be sure. Would Disney dare to take the chance to accuse someone or would they be too worried that these people actually were family and it's lawsuit time. :confused:
Well, hopefully the team who monitors social media and web for various legal infringements will now have new criteria to look for including hiring out your enhanced access. Not sure about them not having a leg to stand on, though. I think it must violate the terms and conditions of admission to be charging guests for services on Disney property. Bodyguards, personal assistants, etc. are engaged by a person in a context outside of a Disney visit, so if they are getting paid for services on Disney property it is a different matter than providing Disney specific services in competition with DIsney itself.