2009 Barbershop Champs

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

2009 Barbershop Champs

Post by drcorey » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:51 pm

Sing Little Patch Of Heaven for the Dapper Dans
[video=youtube;c8SEVKjIoXk][/video]

Corey

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: 2009 Barbershop Champs

Post by Zazu » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:41 am

You see? This is the sort of thing you miss if you stick you nose in the "Dumbo or Die in a Day" touring plan. The Parks -- and Main Street in particular -- are full of such delightful surprises that so many SGs miss.

Most CMs, too.

Zazu

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:18 pm

Zazu wrote:You see? This is the sort of thing you miss if you stick you nose in the "Dumbo or Die in a Day" touring plan. The Parks -- and Main Street in particular -- are full of such delightful surprises that so many SGs miss.

Most CMs, too.
The first couple of trips my wife and I took we were more of the "Dumbo or Die in a Day" type. Part of that stemmed from the fact that getting down there was such a big deal and wouldn't happen again for years. You get caught in the mindset that you need to see and do everything in the books. If some live entertainment falls in your lap and you have a few minutes in your schedule, you can take it in.

Now we've gone quite a few times, and the live entertainment and spntaneous events are an important part of the trip. Just soaking in the atmosphere (or streetmosphere as the case may be) is a wonderful activity. There is so much to see and do beyond the big items.

These days when giving advice to first timers (solicited or unsolicited ;) ) our biggest piece of advice is to not try and do everything. Have everyone pick a few things that they really want to do, and save time to rest, relax, and take in the events around you.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:59 pm

Love Crossroads - I was there when they won the gold, and have seen them on stage locally If you ever get a chance to hear them in person, do not pass up the opportunity. They'll have you laughing until your face hurts, and right afterwards have your heart soaring in the clouds with their harmony. Thanks for posting this, drcorey!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Sme of our favorite memories of the parks are the street performers and the fun, off ride, experiences. My kids still walk around the house doing, "99 something's walk into a bar." Listening to a 6 year old come up with that stuff will make you die laughing.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:17 pm

A beautiful moment! Of course, it is the unplanned nature of the thing that makes it so wonderful. However, I hope we won't make this another thread about the pros and cons of touring on a plan. Suffice it to say, it is nice to see the champs giving the Dapper Dans a little treat.

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:48 pm

drcorey wrote:Sing Little Patch Of Heaven for the Dapper Dans
[video=youtube;c8SEVKjIoXk][/video]
Great video. However, isn't that Cinderella Castle in the background. Unless she build a second home in California you posted this in the wrong forum. :)

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:03 pm

NemoRanger wrote:Great video. However, isn't that Cinderella Castle in the background. Unless she build a second home in California you posted this in the wrong forum. :)
prolly. I am near DLR so I hardly ever see thier castle.

Corey

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:06 am

NemoRanger wrote:Great video. However, isn't that Cinderella Castle in the background. Unless she build a second home in California you posted this in the wrong forum. :)
Moved to the WDW Forum.

I don't always notice such errors. In future, please report one of the posts to the admin team and we'll make the switch.

Zazu, Admin,
StupidGuestTricks.com

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:51 pm

Zazu wrote:Moved to the WDW Forum.

I don't always notice such errors. In future, please report one of the posts to the admin team and we'll make the switch.

Zazu, Admin,
StupidGuestTricks.com
I know the facts. but couldnt tell you which was which since I am 99% of the time at DLR.

Corey