Mouseplanet Mention

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Mouseplanet Mention

Post by YANXWIN » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:19 pm

"Truism #9 – I will pull up on a yellow tab approximately 500 times.
I know it's a safety issue but it seems unnecessary to me. On rides like Soarin' and Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, after you're seated and buckled in, a cast member will make the rounds asking each rider to pull up on the yellow tab attached to the belt. The reason it seems unnecessary is they have a lighted display that will tell them if anyone did not buckle in so… why the extra step? I've been told it's to ensure no one has buckled the belt under their backside and sat down atop it. I find it hard to believe any guest would do that but… the cast members don't have a site called "Stupid Guest Tricks" without reason."

I haven't been around this site long enough to know if it is taboo to mention another site, but I was reading on their site and I got a kick out of this tidbit.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: Mouseplanet Mention

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:50 pm

YANXWIN wrote:"Truism #9 – I will pull up on a yellow tab approximately 500 times.
I know it's a safety issue but it seems unnecessary to me. On rides like Soarin' and Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, after you're seated and buckled in, a cast member will make the rounds asking each rider to pull up on the yellow tab attached to the belt. The reason it seems unnecessary is they have a lighted display that will tell them if anyone did not buckle in so… why the extra step? I've been told it's to ensure no one has buckled the belt under their backside and sat down atop it. I find it hard to believe any guest would do that but… the cast members don't have a site called "Stupid Guest Tricks" without reason."

I haven't been around this site long enough to know if it is taboo to mention another site, but I was reading on their site and I got a kick out of this tidbit.
I've been the unsuspecting owner of the loose belt buckle on Star Tours. The CM made me pull my seemingly locked buckle when it didn't light up and yup, I was the one holding up things :eek:
I could have been launched into Naboo!!!

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:44 pm

DisneyMom wrote:I could have been launched into Naboo!!!
If the unintended launch had the proper trajectory and speed, you could have become a Naboo moon. Just think, you could be mooning Jar Jar Binks until the end of time.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:24 pm

hobie16 wrote:If the unintended launch had the proper trajectory and speed, you could have become a Naboo moon. Just think, you could be mooning Jar Jar Binks until the end of time.
or a bad landing and get a nabooboo

Corey

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Buggy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:09 am

That's no moon!

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:18 am

I've got a bad feeling about this...

TdcOgre
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by TdcOgre » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:04 pm

Buggy wrote:That's no moon!

"That's a space station."

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:50 pm

What gets me is when they send the ride off before you get a chance to get belted in.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]