Ever failed your PA?

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Ever failed your PA?

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:41 am

All castmembers, ever failed your PA??

If yes, what happened?? Did you get a third day of training?? Did you ever get retrained again??

I did, TWICE, on one attraction: Autotopia in two years. I was devastated, I wanted to work that attraction!!!

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:46 am

Nope can say I have. I've seen people fail their PAs, I seen people get a third day because the attraction desided to go 101 thus preventing a PA. One girl on Mansion was granted a 4th day and still failed her PA (she was give 3 chances to pass it). I was nervous going into my Pooh PA more worried that the attraction would go 101 during it and I would have to come back for a 3rd day to do another PA.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:59 am

I had Auto go 101 on BOTH of my training days last year when I first got trained on Auto. One for a beehive near the exit ramp and another is when we had an outbounder, or some stupid guest just got out and left their car. Both the Monorail and Steam Trains have to go 101 because of us.

littlehope
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

i didn't but someone did....

Post by littlehope » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:13 pm

I was pa'ing on the third day of training and I asked a simple hot foods question:
"How many sternos go in a pedal cart"
First trainee: "two"
me: "...no...next"
Second trainee: "five"
Me: (eyes wide open and mouth dropped) "NO! Five will blow up the cart...One sterno, One! anymore will hurt you, someone else, or blow something up..."
I asked for a fourth day for the second trainee and the trainer didn't. The manager went with the trainer...I haven't seen him/her in a few weeks...but the one day I worked with him, I wish the manager would have listened to me

Is it over yet...nope just beginning

abc
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by abc » Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:10 am

I actually witnessed someone having to get retrained for like 3 additional days, personal training mind you. I was training another trainee from that lady's group for trash in golden state and I heard some pretty awful stories. Whats messed up is that 2 weeks later, out of nowhere, the lady is scheduled restroom training. what were they thinking? If she can't handle area, restrooms will be impossible. I dont think she passed probation...

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:43 pm

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:I had Auto go 101 on BOTH of my training days last year when I first got trained on Auto. One for a beehive near the exit ramp and another is when we had an outbounder, or some stupid guest just got out and left their car. Both the Monorail and Steam Trains have to go 101 because of us.
Trains went down for that during my training, and my trainer, was like, hmm, we're going to walk the diarama and make sure the guy didn't wind up in there. :shock: I'm perfectly fine with the diaramma now, but the first time i walked it, I was scared. I failed my Indy PA, but just at one position, i was signed off the following monday, after 1 hours of training at just that position. i then finished my four hours as an indy CM. Come to think of it, my PA's were both done by thunder leads.

Gimme some soft serve!

TheManator
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TheManator » Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:58 pm

Pardon my stupidity, but what exactly is 'PA'?

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:30 pm

TheManator wrote:Pardon my stupidity, but what exactly is 'PA'?
Performance Assessment, you recieve one after your training on an attraction. If you pass you get to work the attraction, if not they bring you back for another day giving you another chance. You fail again well...

These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:28 am

Stduck wrote:If you pass you get to work the attraction, if not they bring you back for another day giving you another chance. You fail again well...
Like I always say, "Third times the charm......... for Auto!!!" I am getting a third time trained on Autotopia!! I WILL PASS IT!!! I WILL PASS IT!!!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:40 am

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:
Stduck wrote:If you pass you get to work the attraction, if not they bring you back for another day giving you another chance. You fail again well...
Like I always say, "Third times the charm......... for Auto!!!" I am getting a third time trained on Autotopia!! I WILL PASS IT!!! I WILL PASS IT!!!
I hope you pass! Good luck!