Ever failed your PA?

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:38 pm

Thank you!! Sadly, the managers cancelled the Tomorrowland training. I don't know why, but they did. Scheduling called me to tell me that they have been cancelled for all. I hope it gets rescheduled.

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Ever failed your PA?

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:42 pm

At universal studios, attractions would have anywhere from 2 to 5 days of on the job training for rides and attractions. Backdraft was 2 days, Shrek was 3 and Mummy and JP were like 5. They do not (like to) crosstrain employees. To work at another attraction you have to transfer. Thus said, they only train like 7 times a year. It is probably less now.
During OTJ, your trainer would show you the attraction and you would recieve a Ride Ops manual to keep forever. You would shadow other CMs in their possition. On the last day you had to take a written Multiple choice test to prove you know the attraction. Great for those with learning disabilities or language barriers. I haven't seen people fail the written part. But I have seen people come close. I really think a practical exam is a better idea. However, people have been fired from training (classroom training [ which is pre-OJT]) for inappropriate attire. etc. Also a guy in my Backdraft class got canned for yelling at the lady at employee services because they were out of stamps.

DevilDuckie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by DevilDuckie » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:51 am

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:I had Auto go 101 on BOTH of my training days last year when I first got trained on Auto. One for a beehive near the exit ramp and another is when we had an outbounder, or some stupid guest just got out and left their car. Both the Monorail and Steam Trains have to go 101 because of us.

It's not the guy getting out of the car that bothers me- it's the fact that it happens often enough to need a name for the incident!

Double T
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Double T » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:04 am

Never failed a PA, but when I took my PA at BLAB, we had a sensor 3 fault at main right when we walked up to start.

So, we got to start our PA off with a full evac.

yay.

T

"You know Explorers...I have people ask me all the time how these docks have stayed standing so strong for close to 50 years, and I tell them to just take a look..."
"They're covered with mussels."

Terrytunes
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Terrytunes » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:34 pm

I WISHED I had failed my PA after training in Guest Services. I never did feel comfortable there, and I always got lousey hours when I was scheduled there. I could never find anyone to switch shifts with me. I did everything in my power to get out of an occational Guest Services shift. Once I even called in sick, but I was really sick. Really! If it was a booth shift I probably would have muddled though it for the few hours, but since I didn't really want to be there anyway, I didn't feel bad calling in, and I could afford the points.

Before I had decided to leave DLR, I was going to ask my manager to take off GS off my Knowledge so I wouldn't be scheduled there.

Anyway: Sometimes knowledge is not a good thing.

TT