Downtown Disney To Become Disney Springs

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
Stripes
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Downtown Disney To Become Disney Springs

Post by Stripes » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:04 pm

When PI closed, Downtown was dying a slow death. I'm excited to see this!
----

"Earlier today, we unveiled plans for Disney Springs, the exciting, multi-year transformation of Downtown Disney at the Walt Disney World Resort, and I’d like to give you all a glimpse into what we’ve got planned."

Read the rest & be sure to check out the artist concepts at http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... ld-resort/

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Downtown Disney To Become Disney Springs

Post by Goofyernmost » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:55 pm

Stripes wrote:When PI closed, Downtown was dying a slow death. I'm excited to see this!
----

"Earlier today, we unveiled plans for Disney Springs, the exciting, multi-year transformation of Downtown Disney at the Walt Disney World Resort, and I’d like to give you all a glimpse into what we’ve got planned."

Read the rest & be sure to check out the artist concepts at http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... ld-resort/
That's the easy part...now getting them to actually do this is probably a completely different story.

:goofy: :goofy:

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:56 am

I agree the parking garages are DESPERATELY needed over there, trying to park on a weekday evening was a headache years ago. I'm sure it's only gotten worse these days!
The Entertainment factor has also been badly needed since PI closed up. It doesn't need to be "nightclubs" per-say but additional style 'nightlife' would be a bonus.
Personally, I'd like an adult size/adult proof bouncy castle.. cause that would be fun and appeals to my inner six year old! ;)

The only part I can argue is people go to Disney Village/Downtown Disney/Disney Springs for 'Disney Shopping/Dining Experiences'.. not 'The worlds most Iconic Brands' that I can find in any mall.
(If they put in an Apple store, I may have to go postal!)

...and I don't care, I'm still calling it Disney Village! :twisted:

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:09 am

Darksin wrote: Personally, I'd like an adult size/adult proof bouncy castle.. cause that would be fun and appeals to my inner six year old! ;)
:
Combine that with a few :beer: :beer: and the possibilities are endless !

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:23 am

I hear my mother ringing in my head. "It's always fun until someone gets hurt. You kids go do something productive."

KieranDotW
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by KieranDotW » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:23 pm

Darksin wrote:The only part I can argue is people go to Disney Village/Downtown Disney/Disney Springs for 'Disney Shopping/Dining Experiences'.. not 'The worlds most Iconic Brands' that I can find in any mall.
(If they put in an Apple store, I may have to go postal!)
Still exponentially better than Universal's City Walk, if not in that regard at least. But by all means I agree.

I've always found it pretty "hopping", but West Side and especially Pleasure Island really don't measure up to Marketplace. I'm hoping this expansion will kind of even out the playing field so there is enough stuff to do in each "land".

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:51 am

No Comedy Warehouse? No Adventurer's Club? Well, I guess AMC, Earl of Sandwich, and Ghiradelli will still be the only places I go at DTD.

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:14 pm

hhsrat wrote:No Comedy Warehouse? No Adventurer's Club? Well, I guess AMC, Earl of Sandwich, and Ghiradelli will still be the only places I go at DTD.
Amen, brother. Amen. I still say it was a sin to close the Adveturer's Club and that someone is going to answer to God for closing it.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:08 am

Shorty82 wrote:Amen, brother. Amen. I still say it was a sin to close the Adveturer's Club and that someone is going to answer to God for closing it.
Walked by it the other day and was filled with great sadness. We went to DD for the first time in 5 trips I think. We wanted to see what was there. Came away unimpressed. I did snag a container of loose Lego blocks, but that was about it.