J J Abrahms to helm Star Wars Episode VII?

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

J J Abrahms to helm Star Wars Episode VII?

Post by WEDFan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:39 am

Several news outlets are reporting that he's the man. Hasn't been confirmed by Abrahms or Disney, though. Here's a link to the story on ABC news:

Story

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: J J Abrahms to helm Star Wars Episode VII?

Post by hhsrat » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:07 pm

Abrams. No H.

(I'm guessing there's about 5 of you that know why I'm amused by this post ... and no, you don't need to share)

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:33 pm

hhsrat wrote:Abrams. No H.

(I'm guessing there's about 5 of you that know why I'm amused by this post ... and no, you don't need to share)
I'm usually better about checking the spelling of names since I have been the frequent victim of both first and last name mispellings. I would correct if I could. All I can do is apologize for any annoyance experienced by anyone. :o:

Double T
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Double T » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:50 pm

And of course, by now, this has been confirmed, and there has been much fanboy rejoicing, as well as many pictures of lightsaber battles with lens flares included being posted around the internet.

"You know Explorers...I have people ask me all the time how these docks have stayed standing so strong for close to 50 years, and I tell them to just take a look..."
"They're covered with mussels."

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:10 pm

I hope he doesn't decide that the whole of prior Star Wars history needs to be erased. Well, maybe just Jar-Jar... :)

Seriously, though, I do have certain reservations, as I would hate to see the Star Wars franchise fall victim to what I call "Make it mine" syndrome. That is where a new person is put in charge of an established series, and they proceed to make wide-sweeping changes just so they can point and say "See? I made those changes, because it is now MY vision!"

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:03 pm

He'll wipe out the first six episodes by saying they were all a Jar Jar Binks dream like JR Ewing's shooting was dealt with in Dallas.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.