Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: Caption contest

Post by BRWombat » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:58 am

Congratulations to first-time winner, leader of my Adult Bible Fellowship class at The Heights, Toyota salesman extraordinaire, and all-around good guy David Wilmoth!

Honorable Mentions: my mom Gail Randall: “Can I keep it, Mom? Can I? Huh? Huh? Can I?" (obviously she’s remembering what I said when I first brought Becky home to meet her); Graham Smith: “Thank you, Dallas Ladies Luncheon Association, for this wonderful trophy.”; and Alan AJ Irby: “Great... Disney kids get stuck in surfer movies... I get stuck in Ed Wood movies....”

Congrats to all who entered! New picture coming Monday!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:02 pm

CAPTION CONTEST, Week 33 -- me and Al on Jeopardy. Yes, I stole this idea from Ellen's Energy Adventure! How would YOU caption this picture?

Comment below! The same pic will show here and on The World of Wombat (http://theworldofwombat.blogspot.com/). I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. (As always, no prizes, other than the glory/infamy of being chosen.)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Had to go to your site to see the picture-- I thought by Al you meant Weird Al Yankovic ("I Lost on Jeopardy!"). But yeah, it would be interesting to have Albert Einstein as a participant.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:29 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST, Week 33 -- me and Al on Jeopardy. Yes, I stole this idea from Ellen's Energy Adventure! How would YOU caption this picture?

Comment below! The same pic will show here and on The World of Wombat (http://theworldofwombat.blogspot.com/). I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. (As always, no prizes, other than the glory/infamy of being chosen.)
Lacking a category for "Marsupials" Brad really never stood a chance.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:09 pm

Congratulations to David T., who not only is a first-time winner, he is the first to have posted his winning entry on The World of Wombat! Congratulations, David!

Five Honorable Mentions this week: WEDFan: "Lacking a category for ‘Marsupials,’ Brad really never stood a chance."; Alan AJ Irby: “What is ‘hopelessly overmatched’?”; Rick Bivins: “Wombat applauds as Dr. Einstein is spotted $5,000.”; Bill Ferrell: “For the third time in a row Brad slow claps Albert in an attempt to delay the inevitable.”; and Melody O'Grady: “Don't phrase it in the form of a question, don't phrase it in the form of a question, don't phrase it in the form of a question….”

Thanks to all who entered! New picture coming Monday!

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:38 pm

CAPTION CONTEST, Week 34 -- How would YOU caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here and on The World of Wombat (http://theworldofwombat.blogspot.com/). I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. (As always, no prizes, other than the glory/infamy of being chosen.)

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:01 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST, Week 34 -- How would YOU caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here and on The World of Wombat (http://theworldofwombat.blogspot.com/). I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. (As always, no prizes, other than the glory/infamy of being chosen.)
Brad puts the "Double 0" in the Bond franchise.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:50 pm

And with this addition to the Bond franchise, they will now move into the "direct to DVD" market. Heaven help us!!!

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:31 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST, Week 34 -- How would YOU caption this picture? Comment below!

Despite the Movie-going public eventually accepting a blonde Bond, the Studio execs are still, understandably, scared of the reaction to a Bearded Bond.

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:52 pm

In a recent survey it was discovered that one (upper right) out of six 007's cannot get the girl if he had $100.00 bills hanging out of his pocket.

:goofy: :goofy: