Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Caption contest

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:31 pm

Wombat gets picked for a preview of the re-tooling of "Soaring"....

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:00 pm

Moments later, Brad hiccuped, and that was the last he ever saw of his pellet gun.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:51 am

Week 9 winner! This week’s pic was another one that inspired a lot of creative captions. It was hard to pick the best, but this one by Patrick Stayton made me laugh the loudest and longest! Congratulations, Pat, on your first win of 2014!

All-SGT Honorable Mentions this week – and the first two are first-time placers! Crewchief4344: "Brad takes rehearsal for his audition as Carl Fredricksen a little too seriously."; bookbabe: "Disney, in yet another cost-cutting fiasco, scaled 'Characters in Flight' back just a little *too* much."; Zazu: "Okay, up works fine. Now, how do I do down?"; and Big Wallaby: "Moments later, Brad hiccupped, and that was the last he ever saw of his pellet gun."

Thanks to all who entered! New picture coming Monday!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:25 am

Using this post and Wombat's Facebook page, you can now figure out exactly who I am. :dpiano:

Go ahead. I don't mind. It's not like I expect much privacy. What, between a Class B CDL; having worked at Disney; a real estate license; and as of today Florida life insurance, health insurance and annuities licensure... I've had my fingerprints sent to the FBI many times. Two jobs working closely with children, two career parths with great fiduciary responsibility...

In short, there's not much information about me that you can't find on a Florida government website. Welcome to the Sunshine State with its Sunshine Laws.

For those worried about the fact that you can find information on me... Don't worry. If you own a home here, I know where to find all sorts of data on you.

So the next time you look at someone with an iPhone 5S and think to yourself, "Doesn't the owner know he's sending his thumbprint to the NSA every time he logs into his phone?!?"

Well, that ship has sailed. Long ago. If you have information to protect beyond (maybe) credit cards and the like... it's too late.

Rereading this post, I'll answer equally to Big Wallaby or Big Creeper for a little while. What can I say, if you spent the morning in a Pearson VUE test facility your brain would be haywire too.

Though, if you DO need to use a Pearson VUE facility for anything, I HIGHLY recommend the drive to Ocala. The people are nice, the facilities were comfortable, and it's quiet. Unlike two years ago when I got my real estate license in Lakeland and there was a jackhammer in use in the next suite.

BRWombat: Don't read into this post that you should change anything on either site. I'm good with it.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:39 am

Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?

I woke up in a Soho doorway
A policeman knew my name
He said "You can go sleep at home tonight
If you can get up and walk away"

I staggered back to the underground
And the breeze blew back my hair
I remember throwin' punches around
And preachin' from my chair

[chorus:]
Well, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
I really wanna know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
Tell me, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
'Cause I really wanna know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)

I took the tube back out of town
Back to the Rollin' Pin
I felt a little like a dying clown
With a streak of Rin Tin Tin

I stretched back and I hiccupped
And looked back on my busy day
Eleven hours in the Tin Pan
God, there's got to be another way

Who are you?
Ooh wa ooh wa ooh wa ooh wa ...

Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?

[chorus]

I know there's a place you walked
Where love falls from the trees
My heart is like a broken cup
I only feel right on my knees

I spit out like a sewer hole
Yet still recieve your kiss
How can I measure up to anyone now
After such a love as this?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:49 am

As I shared with BW directly, since I am friends with him and many of the rest of you both here and on Facebook -- and I get contest submissions in both places -- my practice has been to use the real-name tagging on Facebook but switch to the user's SGT handle here, since that's how we know you here. And yes, with a little sleuthing someone could easily connect the two.

If that makes any of you uncomfortable at all, please PM me with your preferences, and I'll happily identify you only with one or the other in every place I post the results (basically trading the greater recognition of using both identities for greater privacy).

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Using this post and Wombat's Facebook page, you can now figure out exactly who I am.
I feel like I've known exactly who you are for quite a while now, this post neither improved nor degraded that knowledge.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:35 pm

Something about being tied together several times will have that effect.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:05 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Something about being tied together several times will have that effect.
This sounds highly personal and inappropriate. So naturally, we need details.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:19 pm

Details. It was with two other people.