Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: Caption contest

Post by BRWombat » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:04 am

DisneyMom wrote:You forgot to put a post about last week's winners!!!! (of course, this reminder has absolutely no coincidence with your "honorable mentions") :razz:
Oops... sorry! I drafted it -- must've hit "Preview" instead of "Submit" again. I hate it when that happens! Here you go:

Lots of laugh-out-loud entries this week – the Broncos’ Super Bowl drubbing was at least inspirational humor-wise! Congratulations to my VM brother G Scott Lewis on his first win!

Honorable Mentions: DisneyMom: "'Conceal… Don't Feel… Put on a show… Make one wrong move and everyone will know…' - Brad picks a bad time to sing his Frozen medley."; Jeff Lavelle: "During a last minute half-time pep talk, Wombat quotes one of his favorite motivational speeches of all time: 'It just doesn't matter!!! It just doesn't matter!!!'" (from Meatballs); Larry E Collins: "Tim Tebow called. He prayed for Seattle."; Joe Hoofnagle: "Throw the ball to the guys in the orange shirts."; and Chase Gooding: "I was so looking forward to riding Space Mountain with you.”

Thanks to all who entered!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:07 am

Week 6 winner! My almost-lifelong friend Bob Littlepage snares his first win of 2014, and third win overall, with this entry! Congratulations Bob, and let’s both hope Putin never finds out about this.

Honorable Mentions: Alan AJ Irby: "And now the Olympics joins the long list of victims of Words With Friends...."; Larry E Collins: "Don't tick off Putin, don't tick off Putin, Don't tick off Putin, Don't tick off.... uhoh. DARN SNOWFLAKE!!!!"; and Larry Lozuk, with a little behind-the-scenes humor from our church: "S h a w n , P r o P r e s e n t e r i s f r e e z i n g u p a g a i n . . .";

Thanks to all who entered! New picture coming Monday!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:14 am

I love ProPresenter, and all the programs that go with it. Interestingly, while it is certainly a church-heavy software and advertised (I think) exclusively to churches, there is no reason you couldn't use it in any other sort of live production.

And if it's freezing again, you must be using version 5 on a PC. Or a Mac. Just version 5 in general... beautiful, but shipped out with some gremlins.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:49 am

Big Wallaby wrote:I love ProPresenter, and all the programs that go with it. Interestingly, while it is certainly a church-heavy software and advertised (I think) exclusively to churches, there is no reason you couldn't use it in any other sort of live production.

And if it's freezing again, you must be using version 5 on a PC. Or a Mac. Just version 5 in general... beautiful, but shipped out with some gremlins.
Yeah, we have had our issues with 5. And 4. Come to think of it, every new version seems to have a few kinks. We are running it on a brand-new Mac, and do our best to have PP be the only thing running, usually after a reboot. That seems to be the best way to have everything go smoothly.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:46 am

2014 CAPTION CONTEST, Week 7. Kept it simple this week. How would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, other than the glory/infamy of being chosen.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:42 am

"Marsupials are social animals with few bad habits, the tendency of wombats to tailgate notwithstanding."

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:04 am

BRWombat wrote:2014 CAPTION CONTEST, Week 7.Image
Faster. Must go Faster!

(I figured somebody had to go for the obvious...)

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:27 pm

Back up a little more. You've just about got him.

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:04 am

"Mommy, how do the wombats know to cross the street at the 'Wombat Xing' signs?"

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:56 am

Week 7’s winner comes from SGT's own YANXWIN! Congratulations on your first win of 2014!

Honorable Mentions: Jason Stuart: "Jurassic Park 5: Rise of the Wombat!"; Alan AJ Irby: "Don't look back! Just drive! Drive!!"; G Scott Lewis: "Wombat proves once and for all that he is NOT a vampire."; Don Kistler: "Objects in mirror are much creepier than they appear."; and Zazu: "Marsupials are social animals with few bad habits, the tendency of wombats to tailgate notwithstanding."

Thanks to all who entered! New picture coming Monday!