Get Ready WDW CMs

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Get Ready WDW CMs

Post by drcorey » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:14 pm

hobie16 wrote:Meanwhile on the Left Coast...

... official response from Disney: "While we regularly evaluate discount and offers for our Disneyland Resort annual passholders, we don't currently anticipate any changes to the Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder merchandise discount in 2013."
I think the ap out here went from 10% to 20% over the years. but then our ap did go from 375.00 to 650.00 too.

the mouse is your very bestus friend,
but it will cost you.

Corey

Csaks
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Csaks » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:40 pm

Zazu wrote:I'm with you on the merchandise, but I beg to differ about the food. I think it's gotten better in the past decade, at least at table service locations (we don't eat quick service much). If you don't think so, look me up on your next visit and I'll show you some of the best!
You think so? I guess I'm a creature of habit and when I find something I like I keep going back to the same places. Maybe I'm getting jaded in my old age and the memory isn't as good as it once was but I coulda swore the menus are getting smaller and more similar to each other. We've done the dinning plan for the last three trips, are there two menu's? One for 'real' customers and one for us using the dining plan bunch? LOL That's always the first thing out of servers mouth, "Are you on the DDP?"

I might just take you up on your offer Zazu if we can ever manage to get back. Don't get me wrong, still love the food but have felt the selection was going down, those are the best parts of our trip's, I feel. Sitting down with my lovely bride having a nice meal, talking about what has happened and will happen during our stay. Cancelled last Halloween's because of work and this year isn't looking good either. :( I need my Disney fix bad!

TdcOgre
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by TdcOgre » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:33 pm

Zazu wrote:I'm with you on the merchandise, but I beg to differ about the food. I think it's gotten better in the past decade, at least at table service locations (we don't eat quick service much). If you don't think so, look me up on your next visit and I'll show you some of the best!
This is true. I've had some of my best meals at WDW with Zazu and SWMBO. So go for it. :winetost:

reiella
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by reiella » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:19 pm

Shorty82 wrote: I know the markups on items are very high, at least a few hundred percent in most cases I bet. Just look at how much something that you can buy in the real world costs and how much Disney sells it for. Take batteries, for instance. According to Wal*Mart's website a 4 pack of Rayovac AA batteries is $2.97. At Disney the same pack costs nearly twice that. Of course neither Wal*Mart nor Disney pays anywhere near that much for the batteries. I'm also sure the markups on batteries aren't a high as the markup on other items are.
Batteries specifically do have a high markup because they have a high rate of shrinkage [theft]. With Disney specifically, I imagine it's they control the market more since I recall the batteries generally being in secured areas.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:26 pm

reiella wrote:Batteries specifically do have a high markup because they have a high rate of shrinkage [theft]. With Disney specifically, I imagine it's they control the market more since I recall the batteries generally being in secured areas.
They do tend to put batteries near registers but I wouldn't call them secured. It wouldn't be hard to pull batteries off the shelf and pocket them, especially if the shop is busy or the register isn't manned at the moment. Batteries are easy to steal, mostly due to their small size. That's why they have alarm strips in them to set off the alarms at the doors of stores that use them.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward