New Fantasyland SGs

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
LenYJr
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

New Fantasyland SGs

Post by LenYJr » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:06 pm

Was in line for Be Our Guest quick serve and joked with a CM "does everyone know what they're waiting in line for ?" Since the line to get in was at the end of the bridge

Well of course we get to the head of the line only to hear an older couple ask where the tour was. When they found out it was a restaurant they exclaimed "they're waiting in line just to eat?" And stomped off

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: New Fantasyland SGs

Post by drcorey » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:03 pm

LenYJr wrote:Was in line for Be Our Guest quick serve and joked with a CM "does everyone know what they're waiting in line for ?" Since the line to get in was at the end of the bridge

Well of course we get to the head of the line only to hear an older couple ask where the tour was. When they found out it was a restaurant they exclaimed "they're waiting in line just to eat?" And stomped off
I had that happen to me.
I once waited in a line for what I thought was a ride and got confused when I got to the front and someone asked me what I would like to eat and drink. so I had lunch and tried again. now I ask first. people are so dumb. you can stand somewhere and look at something and people will start lining up behind you.

Corey

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:13 pm

drcorey wrote:.... people are so dumb. you can stand somewhere and look at something and people will start lining up behind you.
Some friends and I have sometimes amused ourselves by standing together in a crowded area, looking intently at an empty point in the sky. It's entertaining to see how many people you can get to stand there and stare at nothing with you... :cool:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:30 pm

LenYJr wrote:Was in line for Be Our Guest quick serve and joked with a CM "does everyone know what they're waiting in line for ?" Since the line to get in was at the end of the bridge

I am sure this happens a lot. I get people all the time where they can go see the beast castle. They are also told they can go inside the castle. I do not think many understand that its a new restaurant.

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:24 pm

I know the feeling. The same thing happens over at Ariel's Grotto (where people are getting in line thinking it's for the ride).

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:52 pm

At Disneyland, we have this phenomenon occur at the Dole whip bar near the Tiki Room ALL THE TIME.

Guest: Is this the line for the Tiki Room?
Me: No, this is the line for the Dole whip soft serve. Tiki Room waiting area is around the corner.
Guest: :confused:

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:36 am

BRWombat wrote:Some friends and I have sometimes amused ourselves by standing together in a crowded area, looking intently at an empty point in the sky. It's entertaining to see how many people you can get to stand there and stare at nothing with you... :cool:
In a similar vein, my wife and I tend to take photos of obscure things like architectural details. We'll often get people trying to figure out what we're pointing the cameras at. We're not really trying to confuse them... that's just a bonus! :D: