Cast Member Thank You Gifts

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Cast Member Thank You Gifts

Post by hhsrat » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:59 pm

Sarah Magdalene wrote:While I have not logged on here in a while
Welcome Back!

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:15 pm

Thanks for the welcome back!

As for the treats - its a risk I'm willing to take. After all, I trick or treated as a kid and thus got goodies from strangers all the time. We really don't take any homemade stuff, as the risk is higher - but CMs in guest mode have given us individually bagged homemade cookies. We know who they are and trust they won't poison us.

Little store bought, pre packed treats are okay. I give out little candy bags - similar to the bags kids get at birthday parties - to my own fellow furry friends when I pay them a little visit.

A reward for putting up with all the SGs they may have seen that day!

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

Near Philly
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Near Philly » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:20 pm

Shorty82 wrote:A little thank you card (about the size of a business card) or something similar always means a lot.
This is what I've been doing for years. I use the Cast Member Appreciation Cards from tagrel.com
They are editable. I put in our last name and hometown, print on photo paper, and hand-cut each sheet.
I go through a bunch each trip. TS servers, attraction CM's, Character Attendants, Guest Relations, etc.
If you don't date them unused cards can be saved for a future trip.

I also found one from somewhere specifically for Mousekeeping.

It would not be surprising to find out more than one person on here has one of our cards.

WaltsFavRob
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by WaltsFavRob » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:59 pm

I bought a button maker online one year and made ride specific buttons(Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin- CMs go to infinity and beyond for guests.....Thank You from The......),or CM specific(CMs BUS guests around the World....Thanks from The.......).You CMs seemed to enjoy them when we passed them out.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Could you post a picture of that bus button? It sounds really familiar.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Hostess
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Hostess » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:17 pm

Lemon Pledge, huh? Do you have lots of magical cleaning to do? :confused:

I came up with a resolution, stickers. They are custom designed. Please do not eat them and ask to leave work early. ;)

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:35 pm

Hostess wrote:Lemon Pledge, huh? Do you have lots of magical cleaning to do? :confused:
I was trying to come up with something useful. Maybe I should have gone with savings bonds.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:37 pm

hobie16 wrote:I was trying to come up with something useful. Maybe I should have gone with savings bonds.
S&H Green Stamps. :old:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Christine43
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Christine43 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:04 am

I haven't posted here for many a moon but we still go to WDW every year. When I run across a CM that's exceptional or helpful etc. I tell them I'm going to fill out a great review for them at Guest Relations and then I absolutely do it. I truly think this is the best thing you can do for them and it will actually help them in the future.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:19 pm

Christine43 wrote:I haven't posted here for many a moon but we still go to WDW every year. When I run across a CM that's exceptional or helpful etc. I tell them I'm going to fill out a great review for them at Guest Relations and then I absolutely do it. I truly think this is the best thing you can do for them and it will actually help them in the future.
Much as I appreciate your intent, Guest Relations hasn't had such forms for years -- they just pass out a card with the mailing address on it (WDW Guest Communications, PO Box 10,000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830).

Frankly, a letter mailed from home after your trip will have more impact in any event, so if you really want to do a CM a favor, this is the best way to do so. Be sure to list the name, role, location, and the exact time in case more than one "Zazu" is working that day.

Zazu