Cast Member Thank You Gifts

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Hostess
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Cast Member Thank You Gifts

Post by Hostess » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:14 pm

In the past, for special occasions like my birthday, I have handed out Blow Pops to Cast Members with a tag that says "Birthday party guest" or something similar. Next year I'm going with a friend to Walt Disney World and she's never been before. We've named our trip and I created a logo for us (geek for sure). I'd like to put our logo sticker on candy or packets of gum (I know it's not sold on property) to give out to Cast Members. It's just something fun to do and to put a smile on faces. I know how long days can get and people obviously do stupid things so it's my form of "Thank you".

Is this a good idea? Should I get something instead of gum?

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Cast Member Thank You Gifts

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:22 am

Hostess, nice idea but Cast Members are warned not to accept food of any type from guests. If we feel we must take the offered goodie we are told to trash it. I would never take anything from a guest and eat it. Am not trying to be negative nor put your idea down, but giving Cast Members food as a thank you or treat is more of a waste of your time, effort, and money.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:43 am

Hostess wrote:In the past, for special occasions like my birthday, I have handed out Blow Pops to Cast Members with a tag that says "Birthday party guest" or something similar. Next year I'm going with a friend to Walt Disney World and she's never been before. We've named our trip and I created a logo for us (geek for sure). I'd like to put our logo sticker on candy or packets of gum (I know it's not sold on property) to give out to Cast Members. It's just something fun to do and to put a smile on faces. I know how long days can get and people obviously do stupid things so it's my form of "Thank you".

Is this a good idea? Should I get something instead of gum?
A little thank you card (about the size of a business card) or something similar always means a lot. As Main Streeter said, cast are taught to never consume anything from a guest, for their own safety. There's just no way to be sure the item hasn't been tampered with (not trying to imply you're untrustworthy).

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Buggy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:50 am

How about little toys or games? I have heard bubble fluid is popular.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:00 am

Buggy wrote:How about little toys or games? I have heard bubble fluid is popular.
Ah, yes! Little bottles of bubbles are wonderful! On that note, anybody know how the Bubble Ladies are doing?

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Hostess
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Hostess » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:12 pm

Okay, I had no idea. Thank you for letting me know. I've heard about the Bubble Ladies and do not wish to copy them. I'll think of something else.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:09 am

How about sample size cans of Lemon Pledge? :D:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:27 am

Shorty82 wrote:Ah, yes! Little bottles of bubbles are wonderful! On that note, anybody know how the Bubble Ladies are doing?
They are doing fine last I saw, still handing out Bubbles at their Happy Place! :)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:59 pm

While I have not logged on here in a while - I DO have my two cents to share.

Nothing has ever stopped me from consuming goodies my ... um, furry and big eared pals ... have collected the last couple years from very kind guests.
Pre-Packaged cookies and chocolates from Europe and Japan are among some of the things that have been in my stomach and not have done me any wrong. And on a few occasions, Managers were present when the goodies were given over. They never took issue with it - but then again, we also shared with them as well!

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:19 pm

Sarah Magdalene wrote:While I have not logged on here in a while - I DO have my two cents to share.

Nothing has ever stopped me from consuming goodies my ... um, furry and big eared pals ... have collected the last couple years from very kind guests.
Pre-Packaged cookies and chocolates from Europe and Japan are among some of the things that have been in my stomach and not have done me any wrong. And on a few occasions, Managers were present when the goodies were given over. They never took issue with it - but then again, we also shared with them as well!
Well, I realize that you work in a land of fantasy, but to not recognize that there are a lot of sick people out there is a little naive. There is a good possibility that nothing will ever happen, but all it takes is once. It's not the same world anymore. Sad, but real! Hope it keeps working for you! And I'm not even an alarmist. I cannot tell you how many times I was told, when I drove bus, to not move an abandoned back pack. I drove in a college town and finding a forgotten backpack was routine. I always moved it with no harm, but, I was taking a chance as well. The odds were that it was a students backpack. Our community was too small to have enough impact to become a target.

A place like Disney would generate a lot of news and therefore satisfy the thirst for notoriety. Just be careful.

:goofy: :goofy: