New Fantasyland?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: New Fantasyland?

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:38 am

I really like it, although I have no idea in which context it was presented....
The Design looks amazing, and I would have gone absolutely crazy if I could have seen it as a child. Same with our Murphy (Fantasmic Dragon) here: MalfDrag :
Keep a little child in your heart (and,yes, money in your wallet to indulge said child) ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:06 am

5th Dimension wrote:A flying Gaston would have been more appropriate.
Isn't a flying Gaston used by wrestlers in the WWE? :confused:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:20 pm

DisneyMom wrote:I really like it, although I have no idea in which context it was presented....
The Design looks amazing, and I would have gone absolutely crazy if I could have seen it as a child. Same with our Murphy (Fantasmic Dragon) here: MalfDrag :
Keep a little child in your heart (and,yes, money in your wallet to indulge said child) ;)
yeah and think of the lucky operators too. now that looks good on a resume. Dragon Rider.

Corey

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:36 am

The dragon happened due to this whole side story they came up with for the New Fantasyland. Something about the "Enchanted Forest" being cursed with a Dragon who was awoken when they began construction. The story was cute and it was a good idea, provided you know nothing about Disney.

Don't get me wrong, I liked how the Dragon was done and the same with the story. I'm just disappointed in the delivery and the seriously bad photoshop.

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:05 pm

Apparently, he's supposed to be the guardian of Fantasyland. He's there to protect it.

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:09 am

It's a pretty cool idea and it looks great in the night shots. Has anyone seen it in person? Is there much sound?

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:27 am

It's only made that one appearance, so I hope we get to see more of him (or her) soon. It would have been an awful waste of money if he was made for that night only. At Street Party, we were joking about what this supposed dragon would look like. Needless to say, this was before we ever got to see him. We had the notion that it would've been something like a giant dragon kite, or even an airplane painted like a dragon. While none of us saw it in person, we were all impressed with the end result.

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE