Is it true about the Main Street Bakery becoming a Starbucks?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Is it true about the Main Street Bakery becoming a Starbucks?

Post by PatchOBlack » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:24 am

My first reaction was one of disapproval. Then I started to think about it. My main concern would be that a Starbucks would clash with the theme of Main Street. While Starbucks itself is a rather modern fixture, coffee houses have been around for a few centuries. I'm going to reserve judgement until I see how well they manage to integrate having Starbucks into the Main Street setting.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:24 am

DisneyMom wrote:Will they give free refills all day? :cool:
I've been asking the same thing about the Costco gas station.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:51 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:My first reaction was one of disapproval. Then I started to think about it. My main concern would be that a Starbucks would clash with the theme of Main Street. While Starbucks itself is a rather modern fixture, coffee houses have been around for a few centuries. I'm going to reserve judgement until I see how well they manage to integrate having Starbucks into the Main Street setting.
This deal has been in the works for a long, long time. You don't really believe that Disney would completely redo the Bakery facade only to tear it out again. Starbucks will be inside the building and shouldn't have any affect at all on the theme, external or internal. :)

:goofy: :goofy:

Zach
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Zach » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:22 pm

February wrote:Thank you! That's good to know. Visions were dancing around in my head of that big green and white sign visible on Main Street when you enter the park! Glad to hear it won't be so.

~bru
you mean right next to the Coca-Cola and Edy's logos?

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:10 am

I just hope they keep the chocolate chip cookie smell outside of the bakery. Even though I know it's brought by "magic", that smell is part of the memory of Main Street. I didn't follow the siren call into the bakery too often, and almost never got an actual chocolate chip cookie, but it was always one of the things that placed me completely in the parks.

Do what you want with the coffee. Add in coffee notes to the smell. Just don't mess with my chocolate chip sense memory! :p: