Story about people going behind the scenes

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
Tiny Tim
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Story about people going behind the scenes

Post by Tiny Tim » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:46 am

The local fox station is running a story about people going into the utildors and areas that have been closed for years.The ad asks if they are taking the shine off disney by doing this, They show a book in the ad. The website is http://www.fox4now.com It will air tonight at 10 and should be posted after that. If you google it its Fox 4 Ft Myers.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Story about people going behind the scenes

Post by Goofyernmost » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:10 am

Tiny Tim wrote:The local fox station is running a story about people going into the utildors and areas that have been closed for years.The ad asks if they are taking the shine off disney by doing this, They show a book in the ad. The website is http://www.fox4now.com It will air tonight at 10 and should be posted after that. If you google it its Fox 4 Ft Myers.
I was in the utilidors 5 years ago, not exactly new information. It's part of the KTTK tour. Didn't take any shine off for me and since it is a paid tour, those that don't want to know what goes on probably won't go. I fail to see any problem at all.

:goofy: :goofy:

Tiny Tim
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Tiny Tim » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:22 am

The people involed are not on a tour.They are sneaking into the areas taping and promoting what they are doing.One of the promos is asking how safe is disney if they can get away with this.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:07 pm

Tiny Tim wrote:The people involed are not on a tour.They are sneaking into the areas taping and promoting what they are doing.One of the promos is asking how safe is disney if they can get away with this.
Sorry, still don't see the problem. Sneaking in or paying to get in has basically the same end result...nothing! None of the park above is visible from down there, therefore no real connection to those that don't even know this exists.

Tiny Tim
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Tiny Tim » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:36 pm

just thought it was a interesting story. never said there was a problem.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:51 pm

Sneaking, and taping, and being eaten by the retired Seal Team dogs that patrol the Disney underground.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Tiny Tim wrote:The local fox station is running a story about people going into the utildors and areas that have been closed for years.The ad asks if they are taking the shine off disney by doing this, They show a book in the ad. The website is http://www.fox4now.com It will air tonight at 10 and should be posted after that. If you google it its Fox 4 Ft Myers.
That was the question I was referring too. Sorry for the confusion.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:45 am

I don't think it will diminish anything. People who want to know about backstage things won't be put off, and people who don't want to know can avoid it pretty easily. I don't think there are many people who actually believe backstage is anything magical in and of itself.

I like seeing backstage things and have taken most of the official tours offered. It usually gives me a greater aprpeciation of the onstage magic created through the efforts of all the CMs at all stages of produciton.

Tiny Tim
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Tiny Tim » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:09 pm

I watched it last night and it was a plug for leonard kinseys book. There was a ex disney world cast member involed. It had to be a slow news day or it was just to get peoples attention away from the mess that voteing here was. (up to a 6 hour wait to vote)

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:10 pm

Tiny Tim wrote:(up to a 6 hour wait to vote)
Six hour wait to vote?! That's insane, I'm willing to bet overall voter turnout in your area was low with many just giving up and leaving or not having time to vote.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward