Five Guys Burgers and Fries

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:27 pm

[video=youtube;zGkHRa64sDY][/video]

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:54 am

"Small" cheeseburger and Cajun Fries. That is all. :drool:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:17 pm

Little Wallaby and I share the regular bacon double cheeseburger. Cajun fries are not usually my thing as they rub me the wrong way, but Five Guys does them right.

I have a friend from Monorails who I took there the first few times. He was a CP from Idaho. He had spent time as a trucker in the NW, including quite a bit of time hauling potatoes. We'd go in there, see where the potatoes were from, and comment that so-and-so was probably the farmer.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:18 am

The first time I went to Five Guys I was gob-struck by their marketing genius. Drop a few extra fries onto the top of the items in the bag. Genius I tell you. Now, intellectually I know that it is all factored into the cost, but everytime I pull out those "extra" fries I just get a tiny thrill. :D:

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:11 pm

I've never been all that impressed with Five Guys burgers, they just fairly average burgers.

Five guys on the other hand... :rolleyes:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:54 am

A very good friend asked me to meet him at Five Guys because he was leaving DL in a few days. He also invited another friend who had worked at DisneyAna who had flown down from San Francisco to surprise me. All was fine. I was surprised & we talked for 4 hours, but I'd not go out of my way for Five Guys. In N Out is much better.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:42 am

I love five guys burgers but I always hate the fries. They are greasy, soggy and just plain terrible.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:54 am

I know I am going to filleted, but I don't really care for In N Out. And that's after a week of it being the only affordable food available near where I was staying (and so it was lunch and dinner for a week).

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:52 am

Main Streeter wrote:A very good friend asked me to meet him at Five Guys because he was leaving DL in a few days. He also invited another friend who had worked at DisneyAna who had flown down from San Francisco to surprise me. All was fine. I was surprised & we talked for 4 hours, but I'd not go out of my way for Five Guys. In N Out is much better.
Big Wallaby wrote:I know I am going to filleted, but I don't really care for In N Out. And that's after a week of it being the only affordable food available near where I was staying (and so it was lunch and dinner for a week).
So, what's In N Out like. I've never heard of them before, and am not aware of any around here. (I'll have to do a search :) )

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:59 pm

They're a CA company, specializing in hamburgers and fries, very inexpensive, and generally very crowded at lunchtime.