Legoland Hijinks

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Legoland Hijinks

Post by Stduck » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:15 pm

Well for those that know me personally you know that I used to be a Food Service Lead at the cute little Theme Park in Carlsbad known as Legoland before becoming a traitor and working for the Mouse.

Some of my favorite SGT came from Legoland. I worked at a Pizza Place by the name of "Pizza Mania" with a big pizza as part of the sign. I would have guests walk into my shop look at the menu for 10 minutes, then looks straight at me and ask "Do you have Hamburgers?" and then once I explained I didn't they got mad at me for telling them the nearest hamburger stand was 5 minutes up the hill. (Heaven forbid you walk up a hill). I had a co-worker who would open the oven (Legoland was big about showing the guests how we prepare their food) look and say "Nope"

Also Legoland is worse about hiding restrooms then Disney is.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

LegoDan
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by LegoDan » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:58 am

Yes we are extemely good at hiding the bathrooms, but what we are even better at it hiding the window that you order and pick up your food at.

People seem to enjoy standing in front of closed windows, we pile napkin dispensers in front of the closed window but that doesn't stop them. We wave for them to go to the other window but they just stare.

"Some days it takes all you've got just to keep up with the losers."

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:09 am

Don't get me started on napkin dispensers.....

So I'd be at the resgister at my shop and a guest would walk in through the exit to ask me where the napkins were. Well if you walked in through the exit there is a good chance you had to look at the rack of......NAPKINS!!! and other nessesary things one might need for pizza. I would then tell the guest "Right behind you" 9 times out of 10 the guest would look embaressed that they were so stupid.

These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

LegoDan
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by LegoDan » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:13 pm

here's one, i was working at Fool Scoops once and a person come up and asks "How do you get to the beach?" i was like :shock: I said"um, you go west." I mean come on, the ocean is visible from here, so you drive towards it right? Even if they are from another country you'd think that big blue wet thing equal ocean and therefore a beach right?

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:46 am

LegoDan those are the same people who ask you when your standing in front of something (ie The Haunted Mansion and you're in the costume no less) and ask you where that something is. Uh Hello so you not see the sign? Does this not look like whatever you asked me about.

It's refreshing to see that Legoland's guests haven't changed since I left. If your at Fool Scoops say hi to Vlad for me!

LegoDan
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Legoland Hijinks

Post by LegoDan » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:52 pm

The most recent thing to happen about the directions to a ride is one that isn't even open yet, Knight's Tournament, which is replacing the old Spell Breaker, anyways, this lady comes up to me and asks me where the knight's tournament is, and i thought she was talking about the old show up in Knight's kingdom, so i told her that the show is no longer playing, she leaves, and then comes back a few minutes later asking "then what is this" and point to a map that has the ride that is being built on it

I told her, "oh, that's not open yet but it will be right there when it is"

i found out later that the building is behind the original schedule and i guess they ran out of the old maps so they're giving out the new ones

but that lady should have been able to use deductive reasoning to see, oh, maybe the ride isn't open yet.

kind of like the man who didn't know how to get to the beach :notallthe