Life on the WDW Railroad

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Penny
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Life on the WDW Railroad

Post by Penny » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:56 am

I know very well of the "Power Plant", however did not know it had the "Six Flags" name attached to it. I've walked past it but never gone in. Guess I'm really not missing anything.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:54 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Great stories! I agree that NemoRanger shows a lot of potential here, and that Zazu would consider taking him under his wing as his apprentice here at SGT... :cat1:
BTW, the offer to tell tales out of school is open to anyone who works on the WDW Railroad, not just NemoRanger.

Zazu

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:59 pm

What about those interested in the railroad?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:08 am

Big Wallaby wrote:What about those interested in the railroad?
Any excuse for a party! :crowd:

Zazu

200footdrop
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by 200footdrop » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:00 pm

Sounds like that would be quite a party. Will be coming up to WDW in a month or so also.

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:23 pm

Like most CM I know, I really hate strollers. They seem to be getting larger and larger and people feel they should take they should get special privileges for using them.

I am really annoyed by people who feel they have the right to use the wheelchair ramp because they have a stroller. A stroller is NOT a wheelchair.

We do certainly do not need to allow strollers on the trains but for guest convenience and little Disney Nice Nice. We allow them come on. I just wish people would listen when I tell them they need to FOLD the stroller before the turnstiles. I am getting so sick of people trying to JAM the stroller through or simply lifting them over the turnstile. Then they yell when the train comes and goes while are trying to fold the stroller up.

I was recently working at Fantasyland. It was a very busy day. The line was filling the station and up the stairs. While the train is loading this woman follows a wheelchair into the wheelchair waiting area. I proceeded to load the wheelchair and I told her she had to go back in the regular line because this area is for wheelchairs only and strollers go right on the train. She then tried to push her way in as I closed the gate in front of her. She screamed "Can't you make an exception" I quickly replied. "Sorry, no. You would be jumping in front of all these people waiting in line and it is not fair to any of them. You need to wait in line with them" Mind you she is standing next to people with folded strollers waiting in line where they should be and demanding to board in front of them. After I said my piece I turned to finish the loading. SHe stayed and screamed how horrible and rude we are and how ridiculous this is. She should have been allowed to get on because its our fault she went down the wheelchair ramp. Blah Blah Blah.

My last rant about strollers. People who park wherever they want and then get mad when the stroller is moved to stroller parking. I can not tell you how many people would leave the stroller at the top of the stairs to the station blocking the path into the station then come back later and ask me where their stroller went. I would also have them park in front of the exit gates.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:07 am

I can certainly sympathize about the strollers. They annoy me as a guest, and my interation with them and their owners is *much* more limited than the CMs. I'd like to see them limited to umbrella strollers only, but then again, I'm not a parent.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:19 am

You have to wonder how they got the stroller and all its accessories to the park. If they drove in they're either in a humgo SUV or pulling a trailer.

If they're from farther away just imagine what the airline counter and cabin employees had to put up with. Seems like Disney and the airlines should share information so the CMs get some advanced warnings.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:52 pm

hobie16 wrote: Seems like Disney and the airlines should share information so the CMs get some advanced warnings.
Genius idea hobie!!! Now go forth to the powers who rule. :)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:20 pm

Main Streeter wrote:Genius idea hobie!!! Now go forth to the powers who rule. :)
I'm thinking full integration of databases. Airlines, trains, buses, rental cars, parks. Maybe add the cruise lines too.

With Disney's latest acquisition and the subsquent leap in profits, we may eventually see Disney owning all of the above.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.