Cast Drama Club?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
tacoboy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Cast Drama Club?

Post by tacoboy » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:27 pm

I was reading an article on MiceAge today and the CM in the article mentioned he was involved in E.N.C.O.R.E and S.T.A.G.E, which were two performing groups for cast members. Does anyone have any more information about them? The website for ENCORE didn't have a lot of info.

"Do human beings realize life as they live it? Every... every minute?"

"No. Walt Disney, maybe, but that's about it."

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: Cast Drama Club?

Post by Zazu » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:24 am

tacoboy wrote:I was reading an article on MiceAge today and the CM in the article mentioned he was involved in E.N.C.O.R.E and S.T.A.G.E, which were two performing groups for cast members. Does anyone have any more information about them? The website for ENCORE didn't have a lot of info.
The website for S.T.A.G.E. is <http://stagecentral.org>. I've been to a good number of their performances, everything from "Guys and Dolls" to "Psycho Beach Party" to Greek tragedy. Sets are minimal, performance quality varies from professional down to "Why is this person on stage?" But for $10/seat, how wrong can you go? Most are worth the time, plus you often get to tour backstage areas you don't normally see.

Zazu

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Encore is a really good music group. Once a year, they put on a big show to raise money for a charity (this year was for A Better Life Pet Rescue). CMs are in a big choir, orchestra, dancers, and actors. Auditions for the show usually take place around April. I can tell you this- the show is always amazing! A different theme every year, and the music is great. The website for Encore is http://www.encorecentral.org

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

Swordfish Flotilla
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Swordfish Flotilla » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:31 pm

joanna71985 wrote:Encore is a really good music group. Once a year, they put on a big show to raise money for a charity (this year was for A Better Life Pet Rescue).
You just missed their show this year. It was their ten year anniversary show and it was FANTASTIC! They had sellout crowds for most performances. You can LIKE them on Facebook and keep up with future events.

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:03 am

Swordfish Flotilla wrote:You just missed their show this year. It was their ten year anniversary show and it was FANTASTIC! They had sellout crowds for most performances. You can LIKE them on Facebook and keep up with future events.
Oh I didn't miss it. I was at all 6 shows

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]