Segway

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Segway

Post by hobie16 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:17 pm

Disney must let disabled mom use Segway
Bob Egelko
Updated 10:10 p.m., Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Disabled mom Tina Baughman wanted to take her daughter to Disneyland for her eighth birthday but ran into a barrier - Baughman needed a motorized Segway to get around without pain and keep an eye on her kids, and Disneyland allows only wheelchairs.

It's taken more than five years, and many legal proceedings, but the Magic Kingdom may soon host, by court order, its first stand-up two-wheeler.

In a 3-0 ruling Wednesday, the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco said Disneyland's duty to accommodate the disabled doesn't stop at providing access, but requires reasonable steps to make its facilities equally available to everyone. full article

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: Segway

Post by ktulu » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:41 pm

Sweet...I wonder if they will accommodate a golf cart next!

We were going on POTC @ DL, and we saw not one, not two, but three service dogs on the ride! I'm getting my GSD a vest that says service dog and taking her to DL, she'd love it!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:23 pm

I think I'll try saying I need this the next time I go. They'll have to comp my assistants in, right?

Now... who wants to be a flunky???

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:01 pm

BRWombat wrote:Image

Now... who wants to be a flunky???
I've met you and seen how large wild wombats are. You're gonna need at least four flunkies.

Zazu

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:03 pm

Zazu wrote:I've met you and seen how large wild wombats are. You're gonna need at least four flunkies.
He has shrunk quite a bit. I haven't seen him in person, but I have seen pictures. Besides, everyone loves a challenge, I say stick with two flunkies!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:04 pm

ktulu wrote:Sweet...I wonder if they will accommodate a golf cart next!

We were going on POTC @ DL, and we saw not one, not two, but three service dogs on the ride! I'm getting my GSD a vest that says service dog and taking her to DL, she'd love it!
I like Dogs on ride better than FLASH Photography! ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:06 am

ktulu wrote:We were going on POTC @ DL, and we saw not one, not two, but three service dogs on the ride! I'm getting my GSD a vest that says service dog and taking her to DL, she'd love it!
At least they were service dogs. Today, my younger sister and I saw a couple in New Orleans Square that had a Boston terrier that was obviously a pet and not a service animal. No vest at all, just a pretty little collar. How on Earth did they get him in and why didn't they get caught?

If that's how it's going to be, then I'm going to bring my mutt into the park so he can have a happy day with me!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:03 am

TiggerHappy wrote: Today, my younger sister and I saw a couple in New Orleans Square that had a Boston terrier that was obviously a pet and not a service animal. No vest at all, just a pretty little collar. How on Earth did they get him in and why didn't they get caught?
This Boston Terrier or whatever breed the dog is is an emotional therapy dog for the one guest.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:01 pm

A week ago in New Jersey or New York they had Bark in the Park. What if they had that at Disneyland and Disney World?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:55 pm

It does not require Disney to allow Segways.

The ruling is a remand to the Trial Court telling them they did not have proper reasoning for the dismissal of the case and to rehear or redecide.