The What Are You Up To This Summer Thread!

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

The What Are You Up To This Summer Thread!

Post by February » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi everybody!

I have missed you so!

March and I have been moving and dealing with teenager related turmoil...how have you all been? Any big plans this summer?

I wish I had a Disney trip on my schedule. Been almost two years since I've been back now, and I am so homesick :/

love you all
bru

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: The What Are You Up To This Summer Thread!

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:36 pm

On a trip....
Sonora,Ca to Grant's Pass Or. to Bandon OR to Coos Bay, down to Brookings then GP and Jacksonville OR now Truckee CA Virginia City NV and Truckee again! Home Tomorrow! :)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:20 pm

Won an AP preview of Cars Land, went, it was awesome. Going back sometime this summer. And work, lots of work. I really need to fill that open position soon.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:39 pm

February wrote:...how have you all been? Any big plans this summer?
Well, first thing I did today was to fire my boss. :eek:

I may have mentioned that I've been the director of a non-profit historical society for the past five years. Last night, laying awake at far to late an hour, I decided that I'd had enough. Sent an email to the Board that I would be gone in 30 days.

Now I get to pack up all their stuff -- it took six trucks to bring it here -- and make sure none of my stuff gets mixed in. Looks like about two to three tons of small boxes, eight filing cabinets, and two big printers. Might be a challenge moving these last.

But after that, I'll have an extra 20 hours/week!

Now I just gotta figure out what I'm going to do with it. :D:

Zazu

TdcOgre
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by TdcOgre » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:11 pm

Zazu wrote:Well, first thing I did today was to fire my boss. :eek:

I may have mentioned that I've been the director of a non-profit historical society for the past five years. Last night, laying awake at far to late an hour, I decided that I'd had enough. Sent an email to the Board that I would be gone in 30 days.

Now I get to pack up all their stuff -- it took six trucks to bring it here -- and make sure none of my stuff gets mixed in. Looks like about two to three tons of small boxes, eight filing cabinets, and two big printers. Might be a challenge moving these last.

But after that, I'll have an extra 20 hours/week!

Now I just gotta figure out what I'm going to do with it. :D:
Whistling........

http://tinyurl.com/7edx9or

........ ;)

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:03 pm

I'm in the midst of the first week of teaching junior sailing. Monday was a total blow out. Winds steady at 30 knots.

Tuesday and Wednesday were better. Wind built over both days to about 10 but so did the surge coming over the reef.

Today was excellent. Winds at about 8 knots and a few rollers over the reef. Hopefully, Friday is the same.

I late August I head to Ohio for an air show and an inside tour of the Air Force museum a Wright-Patterson. I'm set up to get inside of a B-1, B-52, SR-71, and, if another plane can be moved, the XB-70.

On the way back I'm stopping in LA to go out to Catalina Island with some friends for a few days and then DLR.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:44 am

Hey Bru. Glad to see you on again. I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. Sorry about the teenager drama. Has your daughter moved back? I know that was such and awful thing for you.

We're doing the typical summer thing. Son doing various camps, church conferences, and a mission trip next week. Daughter still trying to find a job, but I don't think it's going to happen. But the best of all is we're doing our big Disney cruise on the Fantasy to the Easter Caribbean to celebrate son's 16th birthday and our 25th wedding anniversary (was actually back in Dec. be we're celebrating now). I'm so excited about the cruise. I've been saving for it for like 2 years.

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:41 am

GaTechGal wrote:We're doing the typical summer thing. Son doing various camps, church conferences, and a mission trip next week. Daughter still trying to find a job, but I don't think it's going to happen. But the best of all is we're doing our big Disney cruise on the Fantasy to the Easter Caribbean to celebrate son's 16th birthday and our 25th wedding anniversary (was actually back in Dec. be we're celebrating now). I'm so excited about the cruise. I've been saving for it for like 2 years.
I've had so many friends go home for the summer in an attempt to find jobs, only for them to realize all the jobs are in midtown.

Kurt

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:56 am

For me it's work, yard work, volunteering at historic sites, and some day trips here and there. Throw in some time in the pool and great cookouts from time to time and it should be a good summer.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:27 am

Work, singing, spending time with family. My oldest son will be graduating high school next year, so we're enjoying the time we have left before the nest starts to empty...

As for the singing, if anyone is within driving distance, the VM has a free show next Friday in Colleyville, between Dallas and Fort Worth. It's outdoors, so there will be sweating involved both onstage and off, but at least it's at night.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter