nothing like jackslapping a gator

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: nothing like jackslapping a gator

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:05 pm

avengador1 wrote:I hear it tastes like chicken. ;) If you want some gator meat try here: http://www.gatorbob.com/
I had Alligator Jambalaya in New Orleans. Since I never had rattlesnake (and have no intention of doing so) I cannot accurately say that it tastes like one. I thought it did taste like chicken myself. Felt the same about frog legs.

:goofy: :goofy:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:46 pm

security officer wrote:... snakes they can move but dont have any legs...
So does this mean you're off fish too? What about clams? ;)

Zazu

security officer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by security officer » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:46 pm

zazu wrote:so does this mean you're off fish too? What about clams? ;)
yes i dont eat fish but the sanke is mention in bible as the devil in gen 1:1

If you run, you'll only go to jail tired.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:09 pm

security officer wrote:yes i dont eat fish but the sanke is mention in bible as the devil in gen 1:1
Well, I see that as a good reason to put it on my plate and have triumph over it. Also if you want to talk about the snake being cursed, so are men and women.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

security officer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by security officer » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:08 pm

that in genesis too plus human are slower killer our species

If you run, you'll only go to jail tired.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:45 pm

ktulu wrote:So, is Alligator on any menus?
At Gatorland it is! It was a bit dissapointing. Deep fried in hush puppy batter, it was mostly battter and a tiny taste of meat. Ive eaten it in Australia, in a fancy restaurant, and it was delicious when prepared ausie style. Kind of like pulled pork.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:30 pm

delsdad wrote:At Gatorland it is! It was a bit dissapointing. Deep fried in hush puppy batter, it was mostly battter and a tiny taste of meat. Ive eaten it in Australia, in a fancy restaurant, and it was delicious when prepared ausie style. Kind of like pulled pork.
If they're not chewing on your leg they're plugging up your arteries. :eek:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:51 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Also if you want to talk about the snake being cursed, so are men and women.
Technically, the snake is cursed, the ground is cursed because of what Adam did, while Eve suffers logical consequences. :p:

But from a Christian perspective, Genesis 3:15 refers to the cross, and therefore the snake being cursed is Satan, not the animal we know. Most Jewish interpreters make the snake symbolic of evil or of an evil entity (thus the curse is not directed to the animal but to the entity using it), although one tradition is that the snake originally was almost equal to man in intelligence and potential, but chose to work for evil, so its punishment was to lose that potential and become fully animal. Therefore its descendents are fully animal and therefore not evil, because, since they cannot choose between good and evil, animals are morally neutral..

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:48 am

hobie16 wrote:If they're not chewing on your leg they're plugging up your arteries. :eek:
But that's not the gator's fault. In fact, gator meat is pretty lean. It's the humans that made it a killer food in this case.
shilohmm wrote:But from a Christian perspective, Genesis 3:15 refers to the cross, and therefore the snake being cursed is Satan, not the animal we know.
And the rule about having dominion over all the earth and all its animals did not suddenly include the snake. So, forks up, everybody!

I really want to try rattlesnake now.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:48 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:But that's not the gator's fault. In fact, gator meat is pretty lean. It's the humans that made it a killer food in this case.

And the rule about having dominion over all the earth and all its animals did not suddenly include the snake. So, forks up, everybody!

I really want to try rattlesnake now.
1. This video was posted to YouTube July 19, 2009 which is almost three years ago.

2. It is just a kid, not an adult (or even a teenager).

3. They just should have called Pest Control and let the professionals handle it.