nothing like jackslapping a gator

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: nothing like jackslapping a gator

Post by shilohmm » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:48 pm

Big Wallaby wrote: And the rule about having dominion over all the earth and all its animals did not suddenly include the snake. So, forks up, everybody!
There's some debate about whether dominion meant "eat up", though -- no record of anyone eating meat until after Noah, at which point God changed things up (Genesis 9:1-3). Although snakes would definitely be allowed under that one. :p:

Also, everything Cheshire Figment just said, especially point #3.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Interesting how God told Noah to take seven pairs of clean animals and only one pair of unclean animals, when the definition of clean and unclean isn't given until Leviticus.
But dominion--if you're a king, you should expect to get a share of the crops your subjects raised, as well as animals raised for meat, and to have your subjects in your army to protect their country. In the Middle Ages--and before--people hardly had any money, so the most common way for people to pay their taxes was with produce and livestock.

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:42 am

I just read recently that they are going to have a paddle board vendor at the lake at Coronado Springs Resort. I remember seeing two young gators in that lake a few years ago, with guests tossing them French fries and teaching them to be unafraid of humans. Hopefully they have evacuated all the gators from the lake to a more fitting place of residence.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:41 pm

Whazzup wrote:I just read recently that they are going to have a paddle board vendor at the lake at Coronado Springs Resort. I remember seeing two young gators in that lake a few years ago, with guests tossing them French fries and teaching them to be unafraid of humans. Hopefully they have evacuated all the gators from the lake to a more fitting place of residence.
Yeah... well... no.

Trouble is, alligators are protected. That means we can't scoop 'em up and move 'em out until they've demonstrated excessive familiarity or contempt for people. Get that witnessed by a trained observer, and we can move that *one* gator down to the Lake Butler.

The rest of them... get to stay. :gator2:

Zazu

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:08 pm

Whazzup wrote:I just read recently that they are going to have a paddle board vendor at the lake at Coronado Springs Resort. I remember seeing two young gators in that lake a few years ago, with guests tossing them French fries and teaching them to be unafraid of humans. Hopefully they have evacuated all the gators from the lake to a more fitting place of residence.
I was just talking to a lifeguard who has worked lake patrol on that lake before the other day, about that very thing...

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:00 pm

hey, a gators gotta do what a gators gotta do!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:22 pm

Here is a "spray" I use when I play Team Fortress 2: