What is so Difficult about a Turnstile

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

What is so Difficult about a Turnstile

Post by NemoRanger » Wed May 30, 2012 5:28 pm

Ok so I am new to the Turnstiles. I was working them today and was completely shocked how plain stupid people can be. We have picture, numbers and writing to tell you what to do. Number one insert ticket. Number two place index finger here. How hard is that.

Today I was rushed by a group of Indian people who must have thought they were still in Mumbai. They basically bum rushed me. One guy stuck the ticket in and it didnt get the finger right. Instead of waiting another guy jams the ticket and pushes the other person into the turnstile which also fails the bioscan. All as a third reaches over and tries to shove another ticket in. They did this on both machines and the whole time they are yelling at me to get them ASAP. It was a mad house.

I had so many people put the finger down for a microsecond or push the glass like it was button with there fingertip. I would tell them to place and HOLD till I told them then they would constantly just touch it for a microsecond or place the finger at odd angles over and over and over again.

I had one guy who ask to be let in for free because he bought tickets for the rest of the family but didn't have money for him and felt that Disney should make an exception because he already bought three tickets.

Lastly, Its amazing how BIG 2 and half year olds are getting and all of them are turning 3 next week. I know its expensive for tickets but it really disgust me when people lie like that.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: What is so Difficult about a Turnstile

Post by drcorey » Wed May 30, 2012 6:21 pm

NemoRanger wrote:Ok so I am new to the Turnstiles. I was working them today and was completely shocked how plain stupid people can be. We have picture, numbers and writing to tell you what to do. Number one insert ticket. Number two place index finger here. How hard is that.

Today I was rushed by a group of Indian people who must have thought they were still in Mumbai. They basically bum rushed me. One guy stuck the ticket in and it didnt get the finger right. Instead of waiting another guy jams the ticket and pushes the other person into the turnstile which also fails the bioscan. All as a third reaches over and tries to shove another ticket in. They did this on both machines and the whole time they are yelling at me to get them ASAP. It was a mad house.

I had so many people put the finger down for a microsecond or push the glass like it was button with there fingertip. I would tell them to place and HOLD till I told them then they would constantly just touch it for a microsecond or place the finger at odd angles over and over and over again.

I had one guy who ask to be let in for free because he bought tickets for the rest of the family but didn't have money for him and felt that Disney should make an exception because he already bought three tickets.

Lastly, Its amazing how BIG 2 and half year olds are getting and all of them are turning 3 next week. I know its expensive for tickets but it really disgust me when people lie like that.
well, common sence is not all over the world.
only a few places are "civilized"

Corey

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:48 pm

They must have faster processors in India. Maybe they're fueled by curry.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Wed May 30, 2012 7:02 pm

I understand they are excited and on vacation but when I am looking right at you and tell you over and over. To place your finger on the scanner and HOLD it till I say you can remove it and you repeatedly just touch it like it stung you then I have reached my limit with you

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Wed May 30, 2012 7:31 pm

NemoRanger wrote:Ok so I am new to the Turnstiles. I was working them today and was completely shocked how plain stupid people can be. We have picture, numbers and writing to tell you what to do. Number one insert ticket. Number two place index finger here. How hard is that.

The fingerprint scanners at the hospital won't work without a few tries and some cursing, I'm sure yours are much better, but WOW :eek:

There ARE some very large 2 year olds out there-I've seen them, but is there any guideline where you draw the line with the fibbing? :confused: like they have their own driver's license?

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed May 30, 2012 7:34 pm

drcorey wrote:well, common sence is not all over the world.
only a few places are "civilized"
Pity this isn't one of them.

Zazu

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed May 30, 2012 11:57 pm

hobie16 wrote:They must have faster processors in India. Maybe they're fueled by curry.
Sometimes when I eat curry, I find the need to get to the bathroom really quickly :D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Epeyon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Epeyon » Thu May 31, 2012 12:55 pm

My favourite is how parents think their kids are too stupid to use a turnstile and tell them to "just go under."

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Thu May 31, 2012 2:07 pm

DisneyMom wrote: There ARE some very large 2 year olds out there-I've seen them
One of mine was a monster -- towered over some four-year-olds in the church nursery. Although all of my kids as little ones were bigger than the other kids their age -- youngest daughter was regularly in the 95th percentile with height (didn't haul the rest of them in often enough to say). If I'd been going to WDW with a toddler, I totally would have taken their birth certificates along. :p:

TdcOgre
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by TdcOgre » Thu May 31, 2012 3:55 pm

Zazu wrote:Pity this isn't one of them.
Not noted for its abundance in Congress either.

:p: